Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hey...

Posted by scootersgirl (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 22, 09 at 10:02

I haven't been around much in the last year, not even to just read. I started working part time last summer and I now have 2 kids in school.

My daughter is now in 1st grade and my older son is in kindergarden. The youngest (some of you may remember him from the first retreat at Camp Cheerio) is now 2 and potty training.

I work as a seamstress making custom draperies, pillows and bedding. I've learned a lot over the last year. Some things from the custom work I've been able to work into my quilts to make them more unique and adding dimention and intrest. I'm still color 'challenged' if you know what I mean.

I just wanted to say hello and let all of you that I remember know I'm still here and kicking.

Georgia
scootersgirl

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hey...

Good to hear from you Georgia. I was looking at the pictures from camp just yesterday. Hard to believe it has been 2 years. Hope you can make it to another retreat soon.

beverly

o

Hi Georgia, I remember seeing you in the picture. Glad to hear you're still sewing/quilting.

SharonG/FL

o

Georgia,
Good to hear from you...you are a busy gal! Glad things are going so well...come join us, if you can...we'd love to see pics of your quilts, when you have the time....

Gwen

o

Welcome Georgia.
Good to have some conversation over here. Deanna

o

Hi Georgia,

Hard to believe little Mikey is 2. I missed Quilt Camp last year but am going again this year. I can't wait. Glad to hear your family is doing well. Drop in when you can and post pictures of your work.

Fran

o

Hi Georgia,
I was really busy over the summer and I didn't post as much either. Life sometimes gets in the way LOL! I would love to see pics of the pillows and bedding too.
I was a single parent and worked full time so I know just how much time you have left over each day. NADA!
Rosa

o

Georgia, I can't believe that I missed this! But then, I've not been on as much either. lol

Glad to hear the family is doing well. Also nice to hear that you are finding some time to quilt. It does a body good!!

Take care and hope to see you at retreat again soon!
Jennifer

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here