Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
caroline1947

Hubbys biopsy

caroline1947
16 years ago

He had the biopsy yesterday...waiting begins all over for the tests results,to see if there is malignancy. The doctor was not optimistic,and we are really afraid.,me more than hubby,as I read up on it on the internet,to be informed.Hubby has said he will not go through a bunch of radiation or surgery,that he would rather go on to be with the Lord if it comes to the choice.I am scred and sick and trying to act brave for him,and wow,it hurts!!!! TY for all your prayers.I still have to believe in miracles.

Comments (10)

• vicky4x4
    16 years ago

I pray the Lord will remove your fear and help you face whatever comes. How hard life is. I will continue to uplift you and your family in prayers.

Vicky

• gininmn
    16 years ago

I will keep you in my prayers and send positive thoughts for your husband, you and your entire family.

Ginny

• kathi_mdgd
    16 years ago

Prayers and positive thoughts for both of you.
    Kathi

• nana24
    16 years ago

Caroline,
    Please feel our arms around you!
    I , too, believe in miracles and ask for one for you and hubby. My prayer is the Dr. will be surprised at the results of the test.

"Cast all your care on Him because He cares for you!"

Sally

• kathryni
    16 years ago

Caroline,
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband. I believe in miracles also.
    Kay

• barker_tx
    16 years ago

Dear Caroline - I can so identify. My DH's biopsy was April 13 (a Friday, no less) - the five days we waited were terribly long. Can you share where the biopsy (what part of the body) is? Tell your DH that cancer is not necessarily a death sentence nowdays and the chemo and radiation isn't as bad as he may think (my DH finished treatment 3 weeks ago - we find out next Monday if it worked)......thinking of you both, Carolyn

• caroline1947
    Original Author
    16 years ago

The biopsy was for prostate,,ty for sharing and my prayers are with you also...Caroline

• redpenny
    16 years ago

Caroline,
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband.
    Red

• barker_tx
    16 years ago

Dear Caroline - if one is going to have the big "C" then he picked the one that is one of the easiest ones to resolve. Please tell him that if it is 'bad' that I can encourage him to undergo treatment. My DH was so terrified of chemo (which turned out to be a breeze) - there are wonderful ways to avoid the side effects. Lean on all of us and feel free to ask me about what we have gone thru (DH has/had esophageal cancer, stage III). Carolyn

• bonica
    16 years ago

It seems to me that getting the biopsy means he really hasn't closed the door to treatment..otherwise why bother!
    Some people just have to ease into the water...they can't go diving in head first ya know.
    Educating yourself is an excellent thing to do. I can't stress enough how important it is to know as much if not more than your doctors AND how easy it is to do. Doctors don't seem to have time to read! Besides...knowledge gives you control. When couples are in distress one tends to be the organized controller and one tends to be the nurturer(as in comfort by ignorance). While you're at it study up on health diets too. There's a great support forum at HealthBoards dot com.
    Keep a notebook of everything!
    Hang in there girl...you can do this!
    Love to ya
    Bon
    :)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County