Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lots2do_gw

closure

lots2do
16 years ago

Hi,

As some of you know, I lost my Mom in December after only a short while in the hospital. I truly appreciate the support I received here thorough those difficult days.

My DS and I just returned from her second memorial in the town she grew up in. Her ashes were also interred (sp?) in a lovely old cemetary. My DH was not able to go since he is salmon fishing in Alaska and this came together rather quickly.

I was hesitant about going. There had been some funny vibes between a few relatives etc. But things went very well. I was able to reconnect with relatives and dear family friends and while we did shed a few tears, overall, the mood was upbeat and healing. DS deserves a badge of honor. He really rose to the occassion...all 554 miles of it and even took care of the turtle. (Yes, we had to take the turtle. Mom was a nature lover, she would have loved that). :)

It was so special to speak to people who knew her growing up and see her in a different light, so to speak.

So, all's well. While I do still miss her, of course, I know that she is in a better pain-free place...

Take care and hug someone special to you today. (I'm going to!)...

lots2do/kelly

Comments (6)