Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bonica_gw

Gods Will???

bonica
16 years ago

I don't know who else is watching Big Brother but I do and I've been pathetically into "it's God Will" this week.

I've lost my (dangerous)Clover iron!!!!!

Picture this...

It's 98 hot degrees. I'm sitting in my sewingroom naked with all the fans blowing and all my finished appliqué pieces ready. I'm trying this fusible interfacing method and I want to iron/attach the centers so I can smooth the edges as I hand sew them. I reached for my tiny iron and it's not there!!!!!!!!!

How can you lose something that has a 3 foot cord dangling from it??????? I can't find it..all day I can't find it.

I finally just slapped down the big iron..never mind the edges...I don't care no more.

Love ya!

Bon

:)

Comments (29)

• caroline1947
    16 years ago

AWWW Bon!!! Did you ever try the tip of a curling iron???Works ok in a pinch! (((HUGS))

• Rene54
    16 years ago

Bon, I don't know! LOL but I've watched a few big brother, they have turned scarry! Do you think God took the iron? Hope you find it, I'll keep mine close by me this weekend. Don't want anything to happen to it. Rene

• cannahavana
    16 years ago

Bon, ironing+naked=ouch! Be careful! LOL.

Rebecca

• redpenny
    16 years ago

LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• biwako_of_abi
    16 years ago

At least you haven't lost your sense of humor. A similar thing happened to me. One day I was, as usual, wearing my computer glasses during my piano lesson, and practically as soon as the teacher left, I couldn't find them any more. I have looked everywhere in the succeeding months, but no glasses. (Found some money and some novelty squares that had disappeared, though.)
    I hope your wicked little iron turns up.

• vicky4x4
    16 years ago

Thanks ladies! I needed the laughs this post gave me!

Vicky

• gillian_41
    16 years ago

Thanks for the laugh Bon!!!
    Ironing nekked sounds mighty dangerous.
    Gillian.

• Nancy Morris
    16 years ago

Watch out for the hot stuff! I was looking all over the house for some software. I thought maybe it was at my mom's house. Still I kept looking. Then would you believe it... I found it with my other software. I had put it where it belongs and couldn't find it. Good grief...

• biwako_of_abi
    16 years ago

Now THAT'S getting pretty bad, Stitches! It shows that you lose things so frequently that it doesn't even occur to you to look in the place where thing should be! (Not that I don't do that every so often, myself. lol)

• teresa_nc7
    16 years ago

Does anyone else have a "safe place" where they put something so they know they can find it later? I spent quite a lot of time making out a supplies list for a bread class I'm teaching this coming week - then I couldn't find it anywhere. It was tucked in some other papers (printed out patterns or recipes) and I didn't find it until I had wasted even more time making another list. Sheesssssh!

When my time comes, I'm sure they will find my poor spent body under a pile of paper.....
    Teresa

• biwako_of_abi
    16 years ago

If it's a piece of paper, then it goes under my keyboard, or else on the slanted wooden book holder that lives on the kitchen table.

• TxMarti
    16 years ago

My dh might want me to quilt more if I did it nekkid. LOL

• empress
    16 years ago

LOL, Marti!! I thought you were right, then I realized my husbnad would probably "interrupt" my quilting a lot, or just get in the way, if I were nekkid. And, DO NOT even think about using the rotary cutter!!

• cannahavana
    16 years ago

If we all quilted naked, men would turn it into a pay per view sporting event.

GIRLS GONE QUILTING!

• wendyfaye
    16 years ago

Hey Bon,

I watch BB and even though I (boo hoo hoo) like Amber as a person (boo hoo hoo) I WISH SHE WAS GONE!!!! Although I don't think she has cried yet this week. The vote should be interesting on Thursday..... I hope Eric stays. Should make things exciting.

Faye

• bonica
    Original Author
    16 years ago

LOL!! It's about time somebody noticed Eric!! I hope he stays too. Evil Dick is very clever..he's my DH's hero!
    Bon

• csackett
    16 years ago

You girls are such fun! I couldn't stand seeing all this flab! It would depress me so bad I couldn't quilt. CS

• csackett
    16 years ago

Wait! Before anyone misinterrupts my statement, I meant MY flab not anyone else's. I don't want anyone to get upset about my post. I was talking about my body. CS

• bonica
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh Hey! There ain't no mirrors around here!!!!
    I even took the one off my mama's antique dresser and gave it to a friend to hang on her wall...which BTW she hasn't done yet!
    AND I don't do that unless I'm alone in the house ya know.
    DH does but he thinks he's cute..uhuh!
    Maybe we've just lived in the woods too long?
    LOL
    Bon

• rosajoe_gw
    16 years ago

Ya'll are SO BRAVE. My limit is sewing bare footed and even then I step on pins that I TRY to pick up when I drop them!!!!!!!
    I sweat too much to go neckedy.
    Rosa

• polardream
    16 years ago

This is too funny .... DH would LOVE it if I quilted naked ... Teresa - I keep REALLY important papers I don't want to loose in the kitchen cabinet with my measuring cups -for good measure! It seems to work as long as it's only a FEW important papers!

• cannahavana
    16 years ago

Hmmmm... I sew in front of a full glass door with a view into the neighbors front yard. Maybe he would be "encouraged" to do some yard work, like clean up all the crap he has lying around if I sewed nekkid!

Rebecca

• suellen_delawares
    16 years ago

Bon, have you found the iron yet? My mom would loose crochet hooks and scissors. She would just go out and buy another. You can only imagine how many we found in her home after she died.
    I agree with empress. If I quilted naked my husband would interrupt my quilting. Living on 20 acres with neighbors over 1/2 mile away has its advantages. I figure if anyone uses binoculars they have earned it.
    Thanks for the laugh

Suellen

• bonica
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yes I did find it! I have a very large waste basket full of stuff..ribbons, laces, trims, scraps of velvet.."stuff". I'd shoved it down in there..musta been mad at the thing!
    Oh I would never do that with DH around. He'd be such a pest. Besides I'm way too self conscious..I even put the dog outside!!!
    Bon

• Rene54
    16 years ago

Bon, glad God brought the iron back, I really got a kick out of this post, many years ago, I use to lock the door and strip down and mop the floors on my hands and knees. Do do that anymore, can't get up is I get down, plus I would kneel on the girls, lots of southern women use to do that Rene

• User
    16 years ago

Wasn't that a Playboy spread some years ago--Women of Quilter's College?

Naked quilting, quite the concept.

• Aunt_Net
    16 years ago

Oh my! How I have missed you gals this summer! DH was having a bad day and I read him this post and suddenly his day got better. Asked me if I was planning any nakked mopping or quilting! LOL
    I might have to plan some nakked quilting, went shopping today at a quilt store that is closing. I was bad, very bad.

Aunt Net

• hayden2239
    16 years ago

Oh, Aunt Net...when you're very bad...you're great!

This post is quite the chuckle!

• janice__indiana5
    16 years ago

How on earth did I miss this post??? You girls are sooo funny! Me quilt nekkid??? That could be dangerous, as I'm always losing a needle, besides I end up asking for DH help and well.....Nothing would ever get done :)

Janice

Sponsored
Cellko Construction Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Licensed General Contractor Serving Loudoun County