Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deannabsd

How is Nancii and our non-smokers doing?

deannabsd
16 years ago

Seems like we have not had a chance to applaud our non-smokers. It seems like we need an update even if there have been some ups and downs. I have been lurking lately and not posting so hope everyone is well. Deanna

Comments (26)

• wanda_va
    16 years ago

Good Morning, Deanna! Nice to see you here, and hope you will post on a regular basis.

I also wonder how Nancii and others are doing with the battle against ciggies.

I am not able to quit smoking. I enjoy it too much. But I have managed (very painfully, I might add) to take a "vacation" from ciggies. My last cigarette was February 1, 2005...my next will be on my 80th birthday (November 25, 2027). I still want them every single day, but I intend to remain on "vacation" until I'm 80--because by then, the health risks won't be significant. But my parents (both former smokers) assure me that by that time, the urge to smoke will be totally gone. I hope they are right, because I shudder to think of what they will cost in 2027!!

Anxiously awaiting reports from others.....

• love2sew
    16 years ago

Hi gals, I am one inspired to quit smoking by Nanci and working towards 4 months. My daughter also quit smoking 2 weeks behind me and we both are using Chantrix. Neither of us have looked back since the day we butted that last cig....and we feel sooo good...and the Chantrix is incredibile! My DD is only taking 1/2 pill in morning so will soon be off it...I have cut my night pill to half and am working on reducing the morning to 1/2. If anyone is considering quiting...go for it...you'll not believe how good you feel!
    Jean

• jennifer_in_va
    16 years ago

Wanda! My DH is on that same vacation! He started his vacation with the last cig in the pack back in April 2001. As I recall it was a Monday morning...I was pregnant with our first child. Oh the memories we cherish!

Kuddos to all who quit...even if just for a short while (or 20 years)!!

• glassquilt
    16 years ago

A Pat on the Back for all of you.

• mary_c_gw
    16 years ago

Here's me!
    Four months, four weeks, 6 hours, 55 minutes and 24 seconds. 6762 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1,183.52. Life saved: 3 weeks, 2 days, 11 hours, 30 minutes.

Mary

• biwako_of_abi
    16 years ago

Go and spend that money on quilting supplies! lol

• lots2do
    16 years ago

Thanks for the info on the Chantrix. I have a younger female family member who might find that works for her. I'd love to see her take a 'vacation' from smoking too.
    lots2do/kelly

• Islay_Corbel
    16 years ago

I did it with patches. Oh, yes you feel BETTER!

I haven't smoked for 1M 2W 1D 11h 9m (46 days). I've saved 406,55 Â by not smoking 1 626 cigarettes. I've saved 5D 15h 30m of my life.

• cannahavana
    16 years ago

I went on my vacation 16 years ago this coming October when I met my DH. I quit smoking and he quit dipping and we have kept each other straight since then! I started smoking at a very young age and used to sneak cigarettes from my Dad when he smoked.

Rebecca

• daylilydayzed
    16 years ago

I applaud all that quit!!!! I grew up in a smoker's house, my dad smoked over two packs a day. I tried one cigarrette when I was 13 and I didn't see what the attraction was for it and I never smoked again. I am a non smoker married to a non smoker and my 3 children are non smokers. My oldest son says if he meets a girl who smokes who happens to be very pretty, he doesn't have any interest in her, her smoking turns him off.

• scraphappy
    16 years ago

Wish me luck. My DH made a decision to quit smoking on his birthday - today! We're getting ready to pick up his script for Chantrix soon - hope it does work for him as you all say it does. He's a 3-pack-a-day smoker, at least. Think of all the money he'll have to fix his classic cars up with!

• glassquilt
    16 years ago

Good Luck!

• hayden2239
    16 years ago

Count me in here too!
    I started my vacation on May 30th this year, so 2 months, 15 days down! Thirty years till my next smoke! LOL

Michele

• coalaska
    16 years ago

Congratulations to all the "quitters"! And those on vacation, too :). Good for you!

Cheryl

• biwako_of_abi
    16 years ago

Congratulations to all of you who have quit!

When teaching at a girls' school, 40-odd years ago, the stress started me smoking. I never enjoyed it except for the scent of the first puff, and my throat hurt. I wasn't hiding the smoking, but only did it while working on school stuff.

After about a month, DH came home one day, sniffed the air, and said, "Did Uncle Jack drop by today?" -- "No, that's my cigarette smoke." -- "Well, I hope you'll stop." I did. At that stage it was easy, and am I glad now that DH stopped me!

• wendyfaye
    16 years ago

Wanda, I love your 'vacation' idea. I quit in '94 and promised myself I could start again guilt-free on my 60th birthday. It really helped for me not to see it as a finality but I never thought to call it a vacation. I do now.

Faye

• love2sew
    16 years ago

I really like the vacation idea too. Congratulations to all who have quit...this group is growing and it is just wonderful knowing people are quitting using different methods. It feels like I haven't smoked for a long time when, in fact, it is not long at all. I am really looking forward to that 1 year anniversary.

NOPE - not one puff ever!
    Jean

• nanciii
    16 years ago

WOW>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>There is a whole ARMY of US. Yes I am still not smoking and I have had alot of stress lately. I am gonna try to stay on vacation till I am 75. I sure could have had one yesterday or today...wait I think I will drink instead...

Congrats to all for doing so good.

Nanci
    Four months, two weeks, five days, 8 hours, 13 minutes and 33 seconds. 5653 cigarettes not smoked, saving $805.65. Life saved: 2 weeks, 5 days, 15 hours, 5 minutes.

• Kathy_TX
    16 years ago

My vacation started on June 19, 2007 at 8:15 a.m.. Not even a puff since then. It hasn't been the easiest thing I've ever done, and I still have cravings, but so far, so good. I am determined not to smoke another cigarette, EVER!

Two months, five days, 23 hours, 26 minutes and 50 seconds. 2009 cigarettes not smoked, saving $401.86. Life saved: 6 days, 23 hours, 25 minutes.

• love2sew
    16 years ago

Congratulations Kathy...what a great accomplishment going 2 months smoke free. Every day gets better!
    Jean

• nanciii
    16 years ago

Great Kathy Keep up the good work....I have been craving lately too. But still no smokes.

Nanci

Four months, three weeks, one day, 22 hours, 46 minutes and 47 seconds. 5797 cigarettes not smoked, saving $826.21. Life saved: 2 weeks, 6 days, 3 hours, 5 minutes.

• Islay_Corbel
    16 years ago

well done. Don't give in to those nasty, little cravings! Suck on a sweet - it won't kill you like a cigarette!

I haven't smoked for 1M 4W 10h (59 days). I've saved 519,88 Â by not smoking 2 079 cigarettes. I've saved 1W 5h 15m of my life.

• melissa968
    16 years ago

I'm on the Chantix bandwagon. Would LOVE to have a cig but know I will regret it. No more, not ever!

1 week, one day, 13 hours, 6 minutes and 58 seconds. 256 cigarettes not smoked, saving $25.64. Life saved: 21 hours, 20 minutes.

Melissa

• love2sew
    16 years ago

You are a real trooper Melissa...congrats on one week! I had lots of cravings my first week...not to have the actual cigarette, but the habit I JUST WANT TO SMOKE. It amazes me now how much time I spent arranging smoking into my everyday activities...LOL! Anyway those desires get less and less as you take the Chantrix.

You are doing terrific and keep us posted.
    Jean

• nanciii
    16 years ago

Y'alll are doing great. I still want one, but one will never be enough. So NOPE.

5 month Anniversary was yesterday.....Wow Its hard to believe.

Nanci
    Five months, one day, 10 hours, 11 minutes and 24 seconds. 6176 cigarettes not smoked, saving $880.22. Life saved: 3 weeks, 10 hours, 40 minutes.

• love2sew
    16 years ago

Congratulations Nanci..Leader of our Pack! Doesn't it feel great to just say NOPE when we get a cravin and it goes away.

I was behind a lady buying a pak(25) of cigarattes today...$12.58 WOW! I could not believe it.
    Jean

Sponsored
Schlabach Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars16 Reviews
Franklin County's Reclaimed Wood Professionals