Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
redpenny_gw

Haven't been doing any quilting!

redpenny
16 years ago

Well I haven't been doing any quilting for the last few weeks injured my shoulder and it is taking sometime to heal..so I really haven't been doing to much....

Red

Comments (12)

• wanda_va
    16 years ago

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Take care of that shoulder--you have a lot of quilting and knitting to do!

Sending special thoughts and healing prayers your way.

• laurainsdca
    16 years ago

That is messed up -- how did you hurt your shoulder? (Were you by chance swinging a golf club?!!!?

I have not been quilting either. I have been so busy with work. Right now I'm in Honolulu. No not as exciting as it sounds when you are in a hotel room or law firm the entire time...

I was rather depressed for a bit about not being able to do any quilting, but I decided to "accept my fate" and suck it up and just do the work. When I changed my attitude and stopped even thinking about finding time to do anything that I wanted to do for the next few months, it wasn't so bad. (I figure Some people with kids go 18 years w/out doing anything they want -- LOL -- so a few months for me is not so bad. I guess.)

I do miss the quilting though and hope to get back to it soon. I've not even had much time to check in here.

Hope your shoulder heals red. The quilts need to be made!

• Rene54
    16 years ago

Mary, sorry to hear about your shoulder, give it TLC so it will get better, and then you can get back to doing the things you love. Rene

• gerizone5
    16 years ago

So sorry Red, how did you injure yourself?

• biwako_of_abi
    16 years ago

That's too bad Red. I am another one wondering how it got hurt. Is it all strapped up? I know from experience how painful a shoulder can be.

• nana24
    16 years ago

Red,
    Sorry about your shoulder but do take good care of it. Until it is better you can look at your books, patterns,etc and plan your next projects! Sometimes I like this part way too much.

Hugs coming your way.
    Sally

• Kathy_TX
    16 years ago

Sorry about your shoulder injury Red. Hope it heals really fast for you.

I haven't done any quilting either this summer. I've watched my three grandsons while their mother works. They are 11, 9 and 5, so they still need a keen eye cast on them.LOL

School starts back next Monday, 8/27, so I'm looking forward to more quilting time for me then. WooooooHooooo!!!

• foxxigrani
    16 years ago

Sorry about your shoulder Red, hope its up and running soon. As mentioned here, good time to drool your way thru books and plan next project. Hurry and heal.

Rita

• toolgranny
    16 years ago

I'm so sorry you're shoulder isn't keeping up. Remember, you can always shop for fabric - even half blind, on crutches or in a wheelchair with someone handing you things! I'll be doing that when someone is wiping drool off my chin!
    Linda

• kathi_mdgd
    16 years ago

Sorry about your shoulder Red.Hope it's better soon.

I havn't done any sewing of any kind lately,it's just too darn hot and humid,plus i also have the GK'S for the summer.School starts monday,but then i'm also on standby for GGK #3.due sept 1st.
    Kathi

• coalaska
    16 years ago

Sorry your should is hurt, Red. Hope and pray you'll be up and quilting soon.

Cheryl

• redpenny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Right now my shoulder is kiling me...I injured it MOVING FURNITURE lol........I tore the muscle in my shoulder and
    neck! DGS keeps asking me when I am going to knit him a sweater LOL.....The swelling is unbelievable and pain...
    I feel like the Hunchback of Notre Dame LOL
    Red