Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
redpenny_gw

OT Have a quilting tape and can't watch it!

redpenny
16 years ago

I am so mad...........I bought a quilting tape and it was delivered today! I have a VCR or should I say I had a VCR in my bedroom I would use just to watch my quilting tapes...

Well today when I went to pull it out and hook it up it wasn't there!!!!!!!! Well I called DH at WORK and when he called he said oh I gave it to Troy who is my oldest son!

I said gave it to him my VCR for what he doesn't use a VCR he has a DVD player.......YOU GAVE HIM! So when my son came home I told him I wanted the VCR.....he said what VCR I said the one your father gave you which was mine to watch all my quilting tapes on....so after waiting about 12 hrs he brings up a VCR,,,,,,,it is NOT THE VCR I USED.....I told him that is not the VCR I had in the bedrooom DH then says yes it is...

well by now I am really hot!!!!!!! I told them both that is not the VCR I use....that is a samsung and mine was general electric.... and this one my son said does not work right....they are trying to tell me the VCR I am talking about was thrown out years ago......that is a lie...I just used the VCR about 3 months ago I am sooooo p---ed!

So now I have a tape and can't watch it!!!!!!

Comments (14)

• lizh5
    16 years ago

I feel for you, I live with a houseful of men also. Every time i say something about such and such being here or where is such and such, they look at me like I am crazy.

What is the worst at my house is my Hubby will change stuff on the computer and then I can't find something that has been on the desktop for ages.

I hate it when they gang up on me, but Ohh Mom where is the tape, my helmet, my mp3 player.

Stick to your guns they will need to find something, and then you say where is my VCR!!

Liz

• wanda_va
    16 years ago

Maybe you should tell them that you will not be able to do any more cooking, cleaning or laundry until your VCR is returned. That should light a fire under them. Good luck!!

• laurainsdca
    16 years ago

You tell them you want one of those VCR/DVD converters now! They can convert your tape to dvd and you can watch stuff from both mediums.

PS -- they LIE. And the frustrating part is they don't even realize they're doing it!

• glassquilt
    16 years ago

I think this calls for a road trip. Go buy a new one!

DH can't find things. He doesn't know that you have to 'look behind the milk - move the bottle!'. Used to drive me nuts at the store when I first started working there. I solved the problem my painting all of my tools with day-glow orange paint. "Oh, Honey, how did my tool get on your work bench?" I'd pick it up and walk away with it. Then he'd take the time to look for his own.

• minnie_tx
    16 years ago

Tell them to go to Walmart and get you a VCR player for $39 and do it today

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    16 years ago

Red, I bought a TV with a VCR and DVD so I wouldn't have to mess with the players. They'd have to take my TV and the way it's set up, they just ain't about to follow that cord all the way under and over and around to get to the plug! lol The grandkids like it cause they can watch their movies in my bedroom and it's just around the corner from where I sew, so I can listen to my CD's, too.

SharonG/FL

• redpenny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I called Walmart they have a VCR/DVD player for 49.00 DH is at work till 8pm tonight they close at 8pm today I may go before I pick him up tonight just praying my car don't break down again like last night LOL!
    Red

• biwako_of_abi
    16 years ago

What a nerve he had to give away something that didn't belong to him--but maybe he had forgotten that it didn't. Do it, Red, get that new player!

Although this thread is about a kind of frustration a lot of us feel, how funny it has turned out to be!

Glass: I think maybe most men don't move things or look behind them when searching. If only I could get paid for every time DH called me away from what I was doing because he couldn't find something! Of course, I call out to him where to look for it, but then I hear nothing more, so I call again, and he replies that it isn't there. Then I have to get up and find it for him.

Sometimes (I love these times!) it is right there in plain sight, so I can take one look and say, "It's going to bite you!" However, I also get a degree of satisfaction when I can "find" it by just moving one or two things.

Since DH is Japanese, I used to think that he was just a "mendoksagari-ya," a person who hates bother, and that maybe it was a Japanese men's trait, but many conversations with American friends have taught me otherwise. LOL Not going to trade DH in, though. He's too understanding about my quilting, and really a great hubby in most ways.

• Kathy_TX
    16 years ago

No Biwako, it's not just a Japanese trait.LOL I think it is a widespread disorder of most men in the world. In fact, I've noticed that it starts out at a very young age too, my young grandsons can't remember where they put anything, so, not only am I hunting things for dh, I'm hunting things for three little boys too.

• bettyatp
    16 years ago

That is just to funny Red!!
    Just go buy you a new one !!

• Woodsy
    16 years ago

I'm curious about what TAPE you bought!! lol. I have a VCR, you could bring it on over to my house (smile) and we can watch it together!!!! hubby makes great popcorn! :)

• redpenny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Cotton Theory is the tape and I never did make it to walmart
    I stop pass the thrift store today on the way back from grocery store picking things up for you know who and seen a VCR so I bought it guess what brand general electric like the one I had it looks good hope it works...
    Red.

• kathi_mdgd
    16 years ago

Glass your dh and mine must be brothers.Mine also never moves anything to look for something.Like the other day,he went tothe store and comes back with 2 boxes of spaghetti.I said,why did you buy that,he says we don't have any,i said all you had to do was look in the pantry and there are about 6 boxes,he didn't see them,said he looked.He does this all the time,so we have duplicates of things and those duplicates have duplicates and so on and so on,and it's all because he didn't look or move something to look behind it.MEN,can't live with them,and can't shoot them.LOL
    Kathi

• redpenny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Well the VCR I bought today in the thrift store works great!
    Red