Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOL got hubby hooked..............

Posted by redpenny (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 20, 07 at 22:55

Well DH and I went to the thrift store together on Thursday 2 times in 1 day LOL....and we got a lot of bargins.......
so today he said to me want to go to the thrift store of course I said YES.............so we went and browsed....DH bought a couple of things later he said I was looking for something I seen yesterday but it was gone LOL....so I told him well now when I tell you you have to buy it when you see it you know I am not kidding..............he told me he couldn't believe how crowed it was...........I told him if you think they were crowed you haven;t seen nothing yet............LOL so now on his days off he wants to go.......
Red

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOL got hubby hooked..............

My husband is hooked on Trift stores. As I sit here and look around half the stuff we own has come from them. We got a set of vertical blinds for the unbelievable price of 99 cents, not one thing wrong with them. He would bring home furniture but I had to put a stop to it. I live in a very small house! It's a fun hobby.

Vicky

o

DS and I go to them and love the Estates sales the best. Everything is usually very neat and tagged with the price and indoors

o

Hubby and I go all the time. We have a rule: is there a place to put it..and/or...do we have a use for it. If yes, we buy. When I met hubby he had more stuff than he could fit in a circus tent! It is all gone now. He used to think that if it was a "deal" he should buy it..but I've managed to change that. (whew).
Woodsy

o

I love thrift stores!!! We don't have as many here, everyone in rural America uses everything until it wears out or throws it in the attic!!!
Rosa

o

We have thrift stores but what are estate sales you go to....we have garage sales where people sell stuff that they don't want...I don't go to them anymore because they have turned into pure junk that should go to the dump. Sounds like estate sales are where you find good stuff. Just enquiring mind?
Jean

o

Around here, some people will advertize a garage sale as an estate sale just to get interest. Plus, resellers hit the sales early and buy out the good stuff. And most thrift stores here charge WAY too much.

Where my parents live, everyone is responsible for hauling their own trash to the dump. This small town has an area to the side (dubbed "the Thrift Store") where people put still useable items.

Cheryl

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here