Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Physical Therapy......and I am still alive !

Posted by grammyp (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 10, 07 at 22:41

Had my first PT this morning mostly paperwork and evaluations. Did get ultrasound, neurostimulation, instructions on what I can and can't do, exercise bands and a list of exercises to do at home. I can't sit on the couch (leans back too far) and can sew and quilt, as long as my elbows stay beside my body and don't extend in front of me and my arms are supported at all times (I'll have to work on that one). Can't lift anything to the side from the shoulder or let my head lean to the back. Can't do repititive things for more than 10 minutes at a time without a break. Mostly things I had already figured out when it hurt to do them. I will do my exercises, take my medicine and see how it goes.

beverly

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Physical Therapy......and I am still alive !

How nice that you are still allowed to sew and quilt! I hope this advice will end with you being able to do more with less pain.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here