Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OT--New House

Posted by dlhealdquilter (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 3, 07 at 22:26

Wow! I thought by moving into town would free up alot of my running around time, but since being in the new house, it has been non stop. I have been so busy with activities, that I don't get to check into this forum as often as I used to. Couple that with the fact that they changed the fire wall at work, so I can't access there any more, and it is maybe once a week that I am here...I feel so lost.

I have managed to get a couple of projects just about done, but that is only because a group of us from quilt guild get together on a regular basis and lock ourselves away from the families for a weekend and do nothing by quilt. We just had one of those weekends, so I did get a couple of projects completed. I really need to unearth the camera and get pictures posted.

So in between moving ourselves about 40 miles from one house to another, we also moved my daughter from her dorm room in May to an apartment. Then we have been non-stop helping friends of ours move from one house to another. That has been a chore and story in itself. Let me just say 20 years of accumulated stuff that wasn't boxed prior to having the moving party.

So, although I'm lurking when I can, I am still here, still quilting and promise to post pictures soon. I have Thursday and Friday off from work, so maybe while my husband is at work, I will get the quilts and camera out and give you all something to look at.

Have a great Fourth of July, be safe and get some quilting done.

Lynn in ND

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OT--New House

I think you need a vacation and/or a good chiropractor.

beverly

o

Lynne, I totally understand. In the last 2 months we have: dealt with diagnosis of hubby's cancer, repeat of two tests, feeding tube, PICC line insertions, made offer on second home 30 miles away, finally closed on it in 45 days, started moving some of our 'stuff' there, are in the 3rd wk of chemo/radiation (I am taking every Monday off work to go w/him on Monday, which is a very long day at M D Anderson), working full time, having Mom's 90th b'day party, made hubby 2 new PJ bottoms, finished 2 baby quilt tops, bought fabric for 11 window valances which I'll make this weekend. As soon as chemo/radiation is over I am taking a week's vacation. Carolyn

o

Wow Lynn & Carolyn, so much going on. Lynn, new houses are a lot of work, but it's usually fun too, getting everything just the way you want it in the new house. Hope things settle down for you soon & you can join us again.

Carolyn, I'm so sorry to hear about your dh. That's quite a load for you to carry.

o

Welcome back Lynn. I can't imagine how much work that was. I finally finished unpacking about thirty cartons I had packed last fall when I thought I would be moving. HOpefully things will settle down for you and get less crazy.

Carolyn I am sorry to hear about your DH. I have been through that diagnosis and treatment with my husband and it is very stressful. If you need to vent, feel free to email.

o

I can sure sympathize with the unpacking and trying to do more things in a day than there's time.

Carolyn - sorry to hear about your hubby. I hear you on the driving. DH was diagnosed with prostrate cancer in 2000. He had to have 42 days of radiation treatment at Hines VA (20 miles). We went every morning M-F for 42 days. Didn't know what to do with myself when the treatments were finished.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here