Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Got a cold or something...

Posted by grammyp (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 23, 07 at 22:10

It seems our computer has caught something and keeps shutting down. The experts say it is not a virus, but something connected with an "automatic update" to something We will have to have to do some major disk cleaning so I will have to use the desk top downstairs. Since MIL goes to bed early these days, I may or may not be around for a while, but don't worry, I'll check in when I can.

beverly

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Got a cold or something...

Ooops! I thought you had caught a cold, Bev! So I'll just say "poor little computer" - hope it is well soon.

You take care, Beverly!
Teresa

o

My son & his wife didn't know that you had to clean the computer. They were all ready to buy a new computer because theirs didn't work anymore. The SIL that passed away took it home and fixed it - did a disk clean-up, de-frag, checked for spyware & virsus, etc. SIL said that DS & DIL got the prize for most stuff he'd ever seen.

DIL thought it just might have been the grands surfing so she now keeps them off.

o

It seems that regardless of all of the disk cleaning and up keep we do every day, we have to take the comouter in about every 2 years!!!
Rosa

o

Did you "get well" yet, Beverly? We're waiting on one computer in the shop (an employee's, full of viruses, a lot of corruption--the computer, not the employee), and then have to take in the scanner/printer.

Cheryl

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here