Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
geezerfolks_sharon

Any Biker Chicks Here?

This is what my DH painted for our daughter in our kitchen while I was gone.

SharonG/FL

Comments (13)

• jennifer_in_va
    15 years ago

Here, Here!!!

Why may I ask did he do it in the kitchen??

And aren't you glad you weren't around!! LOL

It does looks sharp! Let him know he did a great job, from me!!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks, Jennifer. He loves painting flames and pinstripes but doesn't do much anymore as his hand isn't as steady as it used to be. Back in 'the day,' he would do the Harley Dressers....guys would come from 100 miles away for him to paint their bikes and helmets. Now he just does it for family...specially since they didn't want it done yesterday.

He said he had to use the kitchen because it was too humid outside and he wanted to get it done. I didn't see any paint anywhere, so he must have been careful. He just had the fenders and tank, so they fit on the table. DD and her DH rode up to Panama City over the week-end...it was her first time to ride that far, but she did ok and they had a good time.

SharonG/FL

• User
    15 years ago

I guess I'm considered a "biker chick," but at my age I'm more of a "biker hen."

I have a Yamaha 400 that's plain red. That's some great paint job your husband did. I'll bet your daughter is thrilled. I know I would be.

I have a husband that does all kinds of stuff at the kitchen table, too. Good thing we don't eat at home that much.

• jennifer_in_va
    15 years ago

Have to laugh, Sharon! I pictured the entire bike pulled into the kitchen!! LOL

We have a big club annual get together in two weeks in Mississippi. I wasn't planning on going because of the baby, but DH has to trailor our old Honda down to a guy who's buying it from us, so he'll have the truck. Now I'm scrambling to find a babysitter for the older two so I can go.

This trip is about 1000 each way. Last year, due to time, I flew to Memphis and he picked me up there and we finished the trip together, then I flew from Memphis home again. This year is a bit dissapointing that he's not riding, but we're trying to help this guy out (he lives in TX)

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Dian, We've never had a plain color bike..at least not for long, but I like the candy red bikes. I think they look sharp! Our last one was a chopper that he built...a really nice bike that I enjoyed riding on. He'll put flames on anything...toilet seat, coffee cup, even a cremation box...weird sense of humor. You're supposed to eat at the kitchen table????? We pretty much do everything but eat there. (VBG)

Jennifer, Drop the kids off here, I'll keep an eye on them for you. @:) We've never been on a bike trip but I hear they are exhilarating! Hope you get to go to the club get-together. We've had stranger things than a full bike in the kitchen....at one point in time, we had a pinball machine in our bedroom....50 years of living with him has been interesting.

SharonG/FL

• rosajoe_gw
    15 years ago

It is beautiful, the only thing it is missing is a lovely lap size quilt draped over the bars!!!!! My first thought was the whole thing in the kitchen too!!
    I have gone to a few of the biker weeks in Daytona and it is (was)an eye opener.
    We camped out and a biker was driving around with his BC on the back and each time he came around she took off another piece of clothing. IT WAS NOT A PRETTY SITE!!!! Even the guys were complaining!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Then there was the guy with the very long beard that kept a pet roach in his beard. Those were the far out ones, I know many professionals that grow beards and become bikers for 1 to 2 weeks a year.
    2 of my sis and their hubbies have gone Hog wild (get it??) and they love to drive around. I find it too hard to sit still for that long.
    Here helmets are still required and you have to ride single file, much stricter than FL.
    Tell hubby he is very talented.
    Rosa

• grammyp
    15 years ago

Nice job! Can I send him my bike?

beverly

• jennifer_in_va
    15 years ago

Beverly, what do you want painted? Your seat?? LOL (Not quite as much space to paint on your bike, huh?)

• grammyp
    15 years ago

Smaller bike, less paint, quick job, right? Perhaps a tiny little flicker on the seat post to speed me along.

beverly

• jennifer_in_va
    15 years ago

bev~LOL Do we need to light a fire under your tush?

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Rosa, I've heard about Bike Week.....nothing I want to be there for! DD and her DH go over and then tell us about it. They do wear helmets....IMO, it's kinda dumb not to if you value your life.

Beverly, you plan on riding your bike down???? lol BTW...my sister in MN has her house for sale....it looks like you might be half way between where I live and where she's supposed to (eventually) move to in TN. @:)

SharonG/FL

• chrizty
    15 years ago

WOW! beauitful!! your hubs did awesome job!
    lol we just had a gas tank in our bedroom hubs painted his bike blue:)

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks, chrizty. The kids are working on having one of their in-laws put together a chopper (similar to one he had in 'the day') for him for his birthday. His BD was last month and he has some of the parts painting them. I don't know where all of this is leading, but at least he's enjoying his retirement and that's the main thing at this point.

SharonG/FL

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!