Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amazingcm

I finished several projects today...

amazingcm
16 years ago

I replaced the thin border with black like it much better.

added a 4 Inch border to my Fourth of July swap quilt...

put together Andrew 9 to 4 I spy quilt. Pieces were already cut just put them together.

and finally...

I cut and added border to the Patience Corner Swap Quilt..

Got a lot done today... grace

Comments (23)

• love2sew
    16 years ago

You will be the envy of us all and doesn't it feel good to get so much done.

Doesn't that narrow border just set off your Patient's Corner and I like the border you added.

A good day's work Grace....now please have a rest.
    Jean

• glassquilt
    16 years ago

I'm tired just reading about what you did today.

• caroline1947
    16 years ago

Cool!!!! Love em!!!!

• sew_self-taught
    16 years ago

What - is that all? What ever.

Kidding - I love every pic. Nice work Grace.

Nina

• lyndawn
    16 years ago

I'll send you some of my WIPS when you get bored...LOL

How did you do it? I couldn't get that much done if I had a time machine....LOL

They all look beautiful.

Lynette

• susiequilt
    16 years ago

Well, Grace. you really are amazing!

Those all came out lovely.
    I'm putting together a don't be such a square and your border on the patience quilt is exactly what I am doing with the thin black border and then using the rest of the strips to make a scrappy border just like that! Great minds think alike! After seeing yours I know I will love mine.

• Aunt_Net
    16 years ago

WOW! Great job, love them all. Want to come and work in my sewing room while I'm gone?

• amazingcm
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Actually I am trying to clear mine out so I can get started on the wedding stuff.. I have 4 more baskets to empty then I can start the wedding stuff... Also have Curtains to make for DIL birthday.. Oh well, I like to keep busy... grace

• Woodsy
    16 years ago

I love the black border on the s&w...really sets it off. And the border on your patience blocks looks fabulous. I was thinking it might be too much when it was discussed earlier, but it's PERFECT!!!
    You were one busy little quilting bee today! WHEW! you make ME tired! lol
    A full, productive day for you...GREAT job on everything!
    Woodsy

• fatquarters
    16 years ago

nice work. You must have a high speed machine!

• bkfdwife
    16 years ago

very nice grace! you have been very busy. I hope your mom is doing better tonight!
    Lisa

• biwako_of_abi
    16 years ago

They are all great, but the greatest thing of all is your energy! It's incredible how much you got done. I think the piano keys with the dark border are perfect for that last quilt. I still have a small top from that swap to make a border for; yours is an inspiration.

• TxMarti
    16 years ago

Oooh, really pretty. You picked great fabric for the s&w. I keep scrolling back up to look at it. The rest are great too. How did you get so much done in just one day?

• dmsgal
    16 years ago

Oh I just love your S&W . The picture really shows the detail. I just got to learn how to do that. Did you learn from a book ? Is it very hard ? Mary in Va

• laurainsdca
    16 years ago

Those are all fantastic!!!! I'd never seen a stack-n-whack close enough to see howt the pieces are put together. Very interseting.

Great job on all!

• marty_mo
    16 years ago

Nice days work!!! I love your S&W I have the book, mirror and the fabric but I am intimidated by the project so it has been on the shelf for a couple of years.

I really like Patience Corner how many different fabrics did you use? Did you use FQ's, I looked for repeated colors but they all appear different.

Marty (Missouri)

• glassquilt
    16 years ago

Marty, One of the things I love about S&W is that I don't know what each block will look like. I carefully like up all my layers and cut them out and sew them up. It's fun to see each one develop. Just grab the fabric and start. You'll have a lot of fun.

• kelly4905
    16 years ago

Beautiful job Grace! Each quilt is a Goldilocks: "Just Right"! I absolutely love the piano keys on your patience quilt. Your S&W certainly seems to be inspiring a lot of people, too!

They are all really gorgeous and I am *very* jealous; I have no time for quilting yesterday or today. hmmmm, Sunday's pretty open though.....

Kelly (Nebraska)

• maggie_sue
    16 years ago

Wow, that was a lot of work!! Love the piano key boarder, and the boarder for your 4th quilt is just perfect! Great job!

• allycaz9
    16 years ago

Whew - you are one fast quilting machine girl!
    Love them all - congrats!

• suellen_delawares
    16 years ago

They are all wonderful!

Suellen

• judylee59
    16 years ago

Beautiful!!! Hmmm maybe I should start sewing instead of playing on the computer! :0) Thanks for sharing- JudyLee

• scraphappy
    16 years ago

Wow! You were really on a roll - those all look nice! I like the black in the S & W quilt.

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio