Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vicky4x4

Weekend plans?

vicky4x4
16 years ago

Anybody doing anything this weekend?

I plan on sewing some tomorrow. We went up to my oldest DD tonight for supper and a visit.

I would like to get a lot done on my creative challenge this weekend. I have the borders to put on a top for a Christmas present. I looked through some books tonight for ideas on the Christmas swap. So much to do and so little time.

The weather turned downright chilly here today and it's been rainy so it's a good time to sew. Next week the gardens need weeding.

Vicky

Comments (7)

• Woodsy
    16 years ago

Gotta work (yulk), then hope to hit a few yard sales, if there's anything left by the time I get there.
    Hope to spend some time quilting reunion quilt, and working on Sept block lotto blocks. Ran out of fabric and had to get more.
    Picked up a bunch of remnants at walmart today (2 stores), so need to wash them.
    Hope it's a quiet week end!!!!
    Woodsy

• redpenny
    16 years ago

Well I feel like I am in burn out mode LOL....Plan on working on a few blocks...and trying to organzie this sewing room some....

• msmeow
    16 years ago

I think I'm finally shaking off the cold, so I hope to do a lot of sewing! If I can avoid home improvement projects with DH!

Donna

• tuppermom
    16 years ago

I took DD into town this morning for the new Harry Potter book so went to some garage sales while I was out. Only picked up 2 throw cushions at a dollar each.
    Now I am going to do some housework (yuk) then have to take DS to look at an apt. He is going to college this fall and doesn't have a place to live yet. Ater that I will do some grocery shopping, library run etc. Might stop in at fabric store for "My fix" and hope to do some quilting tonight. Not sure what is on the agenda for tomorrow but maybe I can sleep-in.

Have a great weekend

Mary

• kelly4905
    16 years ago

We were supposed to go look at a car today, but DH is sick. Poor guy.

Tomorrow there is a Quilter's Swap Meet sponsored by a couple of LQS -- I'm so excited!! (I know, I really don't have much of a life. lol) Scraphappy will be there, too, and we'll finally get to meet! yay!

Other than that, just hoping for a quiet, not-too-hot weekend and a few hours of sewing time....oh, and I'm looking for a black tone-on-tone that's *not* a floral -- couldn't find anything at the LQSs yesterday, so will be searching online.

Kelly (Nebraska)

• maryliz
    16 years ago

Went to the quilt guild meeting today. Adopted some fabrics to make a charity quilt. Gave away some unused stuff. Bought one 4 yard piece of fabric for $12. This matches a lot of my "Peruvian" fabrics, so I'm thrilled.

Need to get caught up on the gardening. Just a few places left to weed. Gotta do it while the weather is cooler.

Going to the reunion tomorrow. Need to pack a hand sewing project for the car ride.

Lately I am helping my mom plan a different reunion.

I can't wait for next Friday! I'm in a pants fitting class. We take a sloper pant and fit it to each of us, then this coming class, we actually cut and make our test pant. After a few final tweaks, we'll each have a customized pant pattern. Every pair of pants we make will fit perfectly! Can't wait, since I've never had a pair of pants that wasn't baggy at the waist. Even when I was a skinny high school kid, I had the same baggy waist problem.

• lindaoh_gw
    16 years ago

We went to my son's wedding this morning. We drove down to Xenia, OH yesterday.The kids wanted to have a cook-out for the rehearsal dinner last night so we hosted it in her parent's backyard. We live 3 hours from Xenia, so having it here was out of the question. The wedding this morning was beautiful. The banquet hall was so elegant and the weather couldn't have been more perfect for the outdoor pictures before the wedding.
    We got back home about 7 PM, tired but happy.
    Linda OH