Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
DGD spent last night in hospital

Posted by glassquilt (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 18, 07 at 20:28

I got a call from my DIL. Seems that my 17 year old DGD had a ovarian cyst burst. I think she was at her boyfriends house when it happened - thought it was the appendix. Fortunately his mother was there and she drove to the hospital like a bat from you know where. She is a very caring lady and the ER staff thought she was the mom. Thank goodness she was there to help calm DGD down until DIL got to the hospital.

DIL says she & DGD were there from 9pm-3:30am. Didn't need any surgery - the fluid will be absorbed. Just one of those things apparently. Poor kid - hope she doesn't have that happen again.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: DGD spent last night in hospital

Praying that she gets better soon .
betty

o

Poor girl hope she is feeling better!
Red

o

Glass I have had that happen to me twice and OMG does it hurt! Tell her to take it easy for a few days and she will be feeling normal soon.

Rebecca

o

God bless her, I have been there and it really hurts. I do pray she gets better. Tell her to take it easy for many days.

beverly

o

Prayers for all of you. How scary for her and everyone else. Glad she didn't have to have surgery.

Liz

o

I have had that happen 4-5 times (I try to block it out). The first was during college while away for the weekend at the beach. Needed an ambulance to take me to the ER! No moms with us then!

She'll feel better in a day or two. But if it happens again (and there's a good chance, though with time between) she may get more severe reactions. I did.

Not a fun thing, but nothing serious! Here's to her feeling better soon!

o

Oh Glass I know exactly how that feels and it is not pleasent. Worse pain I ever had. But they kept me there 3 days. That was back when I was just a young pup too. lol

Nanci

o

Sending a prayer Glass....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here