Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OT- spent 2 days in the hospital

Posted by vicky4x4 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 12, 07 at 18:44

Hi all,
I spend all day and last night in the hospital. Had bunches of tests run and I have to go back in the morning. The test they are running tomorrow (endoscopy) is an out patient test only so I was kicked out. My doctor was fit to be tied but at least I may get some sleep tonight. CT scan showed a kidney cyst and ovarian cyst neither of which are thought to be a cause of the pain. So I'm right back where I started. They have a terrible time finding vains for IVs and blood work and of course I need a IV tomorrow.
Please continue prayers for me. Mainly they find the source of the pain so I can have some peace of mind.

Thanks,
Vicky4x4

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OT- spent 2 days in the hospital

Dumb rules for the test. If they have trouble finding the veins because they're small, maybe you can ask for a pediatric nurse to do it.

Have a good night's sleep.

o

Sorry to hear you were in the hospital but you are getting some tests done and hopefully your problem is found soon.
Jean

o

Hope you get better soon !!!
Betty

PS. I have the same problem with the vein thing. They always tell me to drink plenty of water before blood work . It seems to help.

o

Let's hope they find the cause of your pain for all the stress and pain they're putting you through.

Keeping good thoughts,
Teresa

o

Vicky, sorry to hear of all your troubles.
Prayers they can find the cause of your pain.
Mayme

o

Vicky...I'm glad that they are still running tests and trying to find the cause of your pain. Sorry that you had to spend time in the hospital though...there's nothing like sleeping in your own bed.
Good luck on your next test...
You're on my prayer list..
Woodsy

o

Vicki. Hope they find your trouble so you can get well soon.

o

Hope you get better soon !!!

o

Good luck with the endoscopy. They don't have to stick your veins for that one do they? Hope you get plenty of rest tonight.

o

Vicky, I hope your tests are over soon and that they are able to diagnose your pain!

Donna

o

Friday afternoon.
Just "woke" up from having the endoscope. They found two spots on my stomach. I guess they are small ulcers. With what all has been found maybe they can come up with some answers.
Vicky

o

Vicky,

I hope they put the "mend" on you soon!

I have a friend who has MS and was having severe stomach pain for TWO YEARS. I'm not sure if the Drs. just assumed it was the MS causing the pain, so, oh well... or what, but FINALLY one doctor did a very simple test and found out she had an ulcer. WHO KNEW? Some meds and she was out of pain w/in a couple days. After TWO YEARS of suffering...

o

I hope that you are feeling some comfort at this point, vicki. Sorry to hear of your setback,
Kelly - NH

o

Vicky,
Hope this is the day you see real improvement
if it has not already begun!
Thoughts and prayers go out for you.

Sally

o

Feel better.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Suellen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here