Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vicky4x4

OT- spent 2 days in the hospital

vicky4x4
16 years ago

Hi all,

I spend all day and last night in the hospital. Had bunches of tests run and I have to go back in the morning. The test they are running tomorrow (endoscopy) is an out patient test only so I was kicked out. My doctor was fit to be tied but at least I may get some sleep tonight. CT scan showed a kidney cyst and ovarian cyst neither of which are thought to be a cause of the pain. So I'm right back where I started. They have a terrible time finding vains for IVs and blood work and of course I need a IV tomorrow.

Please continue prayers for me. Mainly they find the source of the pain so I can have some peace of mind.

Thanks,

Vicky4x4

Comments (15)

• glassquilt
    16 years ago

Dumb rules for the test. If they have trouble finding the veins because they're small, maybe you can ask for a pediatric nurse to do it.

Have a good night's sleep.

• love2sew
    16 years ago

Sorry to hear you were in the hospital but you are getting some tests done and hopefully your problem is found soon.
    Jean

• bettyatp
    16 years ago

Hope you get better soon !!!
    Betty

PS. I have the same problem with the vein thing. They always tell me to drink plenty of water before blood work . It seems to help.

• teresa_nc7
    16 years ago

Let's hope they find the cause of your pain for all the stress and pain they're putting you through.

Keeping good thoughts,
    Teresa

• mayme
    16 years ago

Vicky, sorry to hear of all your troubles.
    Prayers they can find the cause of your pain.
    Mayme

• Woodsy
    16 years ago

Vicky...I'm glad that they are still running tests and trying to find the cause of your pain. Sorry that you had to spend time in the hospital though...there's nothing like sleeping in your own bed.
    Good luck on your next test...
    You're on my prayer list..
    Woodsy

• fatquarters
    16 years ago

Vicki. Hope they find your trouble so you can get well soon.

• redpenny
    16 years ago

Hope you get better soon !!!

• TxMarti
    16 years ago

Good luck with the endoscopy. They don't have to stick your veins for that one do they? Hope you get plenty of rest tonight.

• msmeow
    16 years ago

Vicky, I hope your tests are over soon and that they are able to diagnose your pain!

Donna

• vicky4x4
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Friday afternoon.
    Just "woke" up from having the endoscope. They found two spots on my stomach. I guess they are small ulcers. With what all has been found maybe they can come up with some answers.
    Vicky

• laurainsdca
    16 years ago

Vicky,

I hope they put the "mend" on you soon!

I have a friend who has MS and was having severe stomach pain for TWO YEARS. I'm not sure if the Drs. just assumed it was the MS causing the pain, so, oh well... or what, but FINALLY one doctor did a very simple test and found out she had an ulcer. WHO KNEW? Some meds and she was out of pain w/in a couple days. After TWO YEARS of suffering...

• lots2do
    16 years ago

I hope that you are feeling some comfort at this point, vicki. Sorry to hear of your setback,
    Kelly - NH

• nana24
    16 years ago

Vicky,
    Hope this is the day you see real improvement
    if it has not already begun!
    Thoughts and prayers go out for you.

Sally

• suellen_delawares
    16 years ago

Feel better.

Suellen