Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
redpenny_gw

Update on Golf class

redpenny
16 years ago

Well last Monday we went to golf class myself and Tiger Wood's twin LOL....DH is the teachers perfect class pupil LOL!!!! Well anyway when we firsted started he showed us 1 way to hold the golf club....with my arthritis in my hands I find it kinda of hard so I did some research on the net and found another way which is much better for me...Well when we went to class last Monday there was a few other ladies that was having hand problems holding the club...I was doing it my way from off the net and wasn't having any problems hitting the balls one of the ladies asked me how I was holding my club I told her not the way the instructor showed us LOL.....but I told her I was here to learn the game and about the clubs and I am not going to be playing any major tournments so I am going to hold this club what is best for me....well about 15 minutes later she came back over to me and said I have been trying your way and I have been doing pretty good and I don't have any hand pain.. I told her well if the teacher catches us he will be showing us again on how to hold the club LOL....we were there for almost 2 hrs and then DH and I was hungry so we got ready to leave the teacher said you can't leave yet LOL I have to check you I said don't worry you can check me next week LOL..He replied you will be the first one I check LOL...

So Monday he is going to freak...when I am not holdig the club his way.....

Here the link I used....the way he wants us to hold the club is called Overlapping

I like the bottom hand better,,,LOL

Here is a link that might be useful: holding the club

Comments (3)

• love2sew
    16 years ago

If he is a qualified instructor he should be well knowledged about people with hand problems so I wouldn't worry.

Glad you continue to enjoy it and are having fun!
    Jean

• susiequilt
    16 years ago

I use the overlap and it works well with my hands. I used to use the interlocking grip and that really tore up my hands. I never was a baseball player so I never tried that grip! If it works for you without hand injury go for it! As a pro he will know all kinds of grips. Just tell him what works best for your hands. I'm glad you are continuing your classes.

• glassquilt
    16 years ago

I agree. If he's a good teacher he'll understand.

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County