Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
irishdancersgram

Holiday plans?

irishdancersgram
16 years ago

Here's hoping everyone has a safe, healthy holiday...I'm off for a short trip to West Point to visit with my DGD's boyfriend...What better place to spend the 4th, surrounded by thousands of handsome cadets. I might be old, but I sure can enjoy the scenery. Enjoy the day, everyone!

Dorothy

Comments (8)

• bkfdwife
    16 years ago

haha..Dorothy, I remember your account of the last trip to West Point, and will be waiting for another!LOL Safe travels to all, we'll have the kids over for a BBQ, unless of course we have a 4th baby!!!! You never know what that lil one is thinking!
    Happy Fourth all!
    Lisa

• biwako_of_abi
    16 years ago

At 9AM, going to the local Yardagetown to enjoy their 50%-off sale. Laura, if you see this and are interested, it's the one on 3rd Ave., between J & K, and the sale is only on till noon. (If anyone is wondering, I have no connection with this store, except as a customer.) Last Saturday I finally found a fabric there that I think would be good for my first stack 'n whack. Hope it's still there tomorrow and there's enough of it left! The rest of the day, I'll be working a bit on the "relaxing corner" I have started paving in the garden and sewing on a quilt someone ordered.

• amazingcm
    16 years ago

I plan on finishing my stack and whack borders and working on my 4th of July swap blocks think I have an idea for them. But if DD#2 shows up it will all be put aside for wedding planning... I think DH has to work so should be a quiet day... grace

• anjea
    16 years ago

Not really sure yet, but my 16 y.o. SIL is here visiting for the week! The only thing that is certain is that we're going to see the Transformers movie at the Alamo Drafthouse...

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    16 years ago

I'll probably make a few more book bags for the Haiti school my DD's church plans to start, and also look thru my closet and seriously consider what I'm going to pack for my 2 to 3 month stay up north. DD told me to bring my passport! Yeah, right!!!!!

SharonG/FL

• grammyp
    16 years ago

I will be at work all day. Have fun Dorothy, get us lots of pictures.

I hope everyone has a safe Independence Day.

beverly

• TxMarti
    16 years ago

Why Dorothy, I'm shocked! LOL

I'm going to paint my sewing room....again. I just can't find a color I like. Maybe this is the right one.

• polardream
    16 years ago

We've been gone the last 2-1/2 weeks and another trip coming up on the 18th ... guess we'll try to get some chores done early. The house painters showed up this morning and we still haven't picked the color ... good thing they are caulking, scraping & power washing first!!! We do need to trim back some of the bushes so they can find the house!

One of my teaching partners is having a bbq so we'll head there in the afternoon -her DH owns an Italian restaurant so the food will be fabulous! Now to come up with a side dish ...

Have a safe 4th!
    Sue

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida