Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
redpenny_gw

What's your weekend plans.......

redpenny
16 years ago

I am going to clean this sewing area up some and put my Janome back on the frame.....I want to try to quilt a top.

Been having problems with my hands and haven't sewed in a few days so I am really anxious to get back.....

What's your plans.....

Red

Comments (13)

• susiequilt
    16 years ago

RED: I didn't hear how the last golf lesson went?

This morning I finished up the last blocks for a quilt top so I hope to get them squared up and sewn together. I'm not sure of the borders I want to use so must figure that out.

I have another finished top to sandwich so I got some basting spray and may get to that.

I hope to play golf Sat and Sun if the rain holds until the afternoons.

I need to stay off here to get things done! lol

• teresa_nc7
    16 years ago

Just returned from grocery shopping....ughhhh the heat!

Am having a family dinner Saturday night so that means I have to clean the house a little. Also plan to start on the redwork blocks for a baby quilt. Maybe I'll get my quilt blocks laid out on my bed and organize them to start sewing them together?

Have a safe and fun weekend everyone - stay cool if you can!
    Teresa

• colleenny
    16 years ago

I hope to start working on my Month of the year blocks. Red, I hope you got your VCR. If you can't sew at least you can see someone else do it. Colleen

• vicky4x4
    16 years ago

Busy here, my company from KY is leaving in the morning, then we have a graduation party in the evening and church is an hour drive away this week. I'm working a little on my creative challenge but I have GOT to get busy on my block of the month.
    I've been pretty sick all week so it's hard to get anything done.

Vicky

• gerizone5
    16 years ago

Going to an 85th birthday party tomorrow and hoping on Sunday to go to a Creative Festivalin Saratoga Springs. It's quilts and more and lots of ideas and merchandise.

Geri

• wanda_va
    16 years ago

I hope to spend most of the weekend in my sewing room. I'm making a Twisted Log Cabin quilt -- new to paper piecing, and loving it so far.

It's going to be hot, so it will be good to be inside and cool. Have fun, all!

• lots2do
    16 years ago

Going to Maine to take a break! There will be a little quilt show there and I'll get to see my favorite quilt shop owner too.

Planning to work on my Grandmother Flower Garden and do some reading for school. Not sure about swimming since my guys tell me the water is still pretty cool.

Take care everybody,
    Kelly - NH

• lindaoh_gw
    16 years ago

On Sat. I will attend a bridal shower for future DIL and will have a house full of guests (if you can call your own kids guests!). DD and her BF and DS and his fiancee and her mother will be here overnight after the bridal shower.
    I finally finished the wedding quilt for DS. I stitched the binding on it on the 4th and still have to put the label on it. I plan to do that tonight.
    Linda OH

• cannahavana
    16 years ago

I pick up my DS from boyscout camp early in the morning and for once I HAVE NO PLANS!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry to yell, I am just so jazzed to not have any demands on me this weekend. I think I will just stay home and spoil my son because I have missed him :).

Rebecca

• allycaz9
    16 years ago

Trying to stay cool - maybe get some quilting done/

• amazingcm
    16 years ago

Not much planned for tomorrow. I am going to babysit for grandboy Andrew. His parents have to go to a funeral a friend of theirs husband shot himself.. Really a sad deal... grandboy Tyler is Oklahoma with DD#1 will be home on Sunday..

On Sunday DD#2 and I are going to pick out flowers for her wedding I will make everything out of silk.... We designed the wedding invitations on the 4th now to get all the supplies to make them also. I want to get a lot of the wedding stuff done before we go back to school in a month and 5 days.... grace

• Woodsy
    16 years ago

I want to get my signature wall hanging put together and bordered. Sigh...this has been a work from H***! Nothing has gone right...well, maybe "I" haven't done anything right..whatever...but I'll get it done...no matter how it turns out. I just need ONE day with no interuptions (that's asking for a miracle! lol)
    Thought gs birthday was saturday, but it's next week...so I'll have most of sat. afternoon and hopefully sunday to work on it. My SWEET DH worked his butt off today...did laundry, paid the bills, balanced the check book, and ran the sweeper and did the dishes...all so I wouldn't have to do any of it this week end. Love that man!! (and NO, he isn't for hire! LOL)
    have a great week end everyone!
    Woodsy

• fatquarters
    16 years ago

Love to get some sewing done but more than likley I will be doing the same as last weekemd. See pic. These guys are such a blast, I can't waste a moment!