Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
anyone wanna help...

Posted by hayden2239 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 20, 07 at 13:59

me out?
I am sad to report that I received one of the dreaded purple square chain letters.

I have no-one to send this to, and need six.
I really don't want to do this...but the person that sent it to me is a very good friend, and she is extremely excited about this.

So, am looking for volunteers to send her 2 purple 6" squares. I will supply them, if you'll send them. Really just involves me sending you a stamped envelope for you to throw in the mail with your return address on. I'll have it pre-addressed, and postage applied.

Any help? Please?

Michele aka Hayden2239@yahoo.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: anyone wanna help...

Send your friend 6 purple squares and say that you don't take part in chain letters.

We all know chain letters end up going nowhere and just cost a lot of postage.
Jean

o

I sent you an email, Michele.

Cheryl

o

Sent you an e-mail Michele.
You have a big heart!!!!!
Rosa

o

Michelle,

I was just browsing around quilters cache and saw this and remembered this post of yours.

I have a lot of trouble saying "NO!" to friends, and when people send me junk I usually just delete it instead of lecturing them on why the're being ignorant. (NO PEOPLE, Bill Gates is NOT going to give you ANY money for forwarding some stupid email that's been floating around the internet for over 10 years now...)

Sorry. I digress! Anyhow, I don't know what you told your friend, but this may help you explain to her why what she's doing is not just some "fun" thing -- it's actually ILLEGAL! (who knew??!)

Here is a link that might be useful: Fabric

o

Michele, I sent out 2 to your friend.

The postal service link had this to say:

(Chain letters that ask for items of minor value, like picture postcards or recipes, may be mailed, since such items are not things of value within the meaning of the law.)

I'd guess that 2 6" squares would be exempt.

Ah, well, very few people take part, so they really don't work, but it's fun to get something in the mail.

Cheryl

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here