Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OT- prayer request

Posted by vicky4x4 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 2, 07 at 13:38

I just got off the phone with my doctor........ Please pray for me, I'm having a very bad pain bay. This is my prayer request I sent out to the church family last night and I would like also to pass it on to this group:

Dear Brothers and Sisters,
I ask once again for prayer on my behave. I am truly struggling with extreme pain for which I have not been able to find the cause or the cure.(I've had every test going and they say it may be IBS, but they don't know) I wish I could be as Watchman Nee when he wrote " In my sickness I still remain joyful at heart" I feel I have lost my joy. I need to turn my face toward my Lord and savior Jesus Christ, instead I have been leaning on my own understanding or lack there of.
I need prayer for pain relief.
Answers to what is causing this pain.
My walk with the Lord.
Relationships with my family.
Peace.
Sleep that is restorative.
Stress relief.
Help with depression.
A leading as to where to turn now.
Thank you all so much,
In Christ,
Vicky

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OT- prayer request

Vicky, I hope you find the answers you need.

MaryLiz

o

Vicky ~ I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless.

Marty (Missouir)

o

Vicky,
It has to be scary to have pain that doctors can not find the source of.
God bless, you are in my prayers also.
Rosa

o

Vicky, I'm so sorry that you are suffering and that your health issues are affecting such a large portion of your life. It is so hard to be patient when testing and answers seem to take forever. It is hard for our families to be patient, when they just want things to be normal again. I do understand. Please know that I will be praying for the things you need on your list.

In the past, when I became overwhelmed by things not in my control, I would name all the Blessings I could think of, OUT LOUD. Focus on thinking of Blessings, no matter how small. Just let them pour out. For me, it was very cleansing, rejuvinating and enlightening. I felt lifted up.
It didn't solve my problems, but I was able to carry the burden I had and see it through.
love and hugs,
Woodsy

o

I will hold you in the Light.

o

Prayers for your recovery.
Jean

o

Vicky, As I was reading Woodsy's post, I thought of the song, Count Your Blessings......Name Them One By One. So, yes, do as Woodsy suggested....count your blessings....and sing.....and laugh....."A merry heart doeth good like a medicine."

I have this written on a recipe card by my bathroom mirror that I see everyday.....

A prayer to be said
When the world has gotten you down
And you feel rotten
And you're too tired to pray
And you're in a big hurry
And besides, you're mad at everybody
..........."help"

SharonG/FL

o

Stay in the sunshine girl! I will keep you close in my heart and thoughts...
Lisa

o

Vicky, I will certainly keep you in my daily prayers.

beverly

o

Sending a little prayer your way,

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here