Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
allycaz9

Pics - quilt, blocks & other

allycaz9
16 years ago

These were the Block Party blocks turned in at last evening's guild meeting - I took the picture early - we ended up with 27 blocks total so the winner will have a pretty big quilt if she uses them all. For next month I chose an ice cream cone and they are to use "textural fabric" for the ice cream - will post pics next month!

Here I am at last month's meeting showing off my two blue ribbons from our quilt show - they were for my Canterbury Fields and the Christmas applique - Journey to the Light. I have posted pics of these earlier.

I turned in this quilt last night for our kid's charity - the middle is a panel, and the strips on the end were left over from my bargello! I am hoping maybe a teen age girl will like it.

Comments (21)

• glassquilt
    16 years ago

Nice. Are the ladies appliquéd?

• amazingcm
    16 years ago

That is awesome.. Congrats on the two blue ribbons... Love all the blue and yellow blocks. grace

• love2sew
    16 years ago

Congratulations on your blue ribbons.

I love those star blocks and there are two I have never seen before....lst one in last row...how did they get the darker streaks in...very pretty.

You panel quilt is wonderful and perfect for a teen.
    Jean

• msmeow
    16 years ago

Thanks for sharing, Ally! Good for you - winning 2 blue ribbons! I love your charity quilt, and I'm sure the lucky recipient will, too.

Donna

• csackett
    16 years ago

On your wavy border, do you have the ruler that helps do that? I have it,but somehow do not have directions on how to do it. How did you do yours?
    Carolyn

• redpenny
    16 years ago

Congratulations on your blue ribbons.
    Red

• allycaz9
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Carolyn & Glass - the entire middle part of quilt is a panel - no wavy border - no applique.
    Love2Sew/Jean - the blocks are taped to window - the "Dark streaks" are the seams.
    Thanks everyone!

• maggie_sue
    16 years ago

Beautiful blocks, gorgeous quilt! So glad you explained about taping them to the window, was still puzzling over the photo until I got to your answer!

• bettyatp
    16 years ago

Love them all!!
    Way to go on those Blue Ribbons!!!
    betty

• coalaska
    16 years ago

Ally, your guild looks like fun. Congratulations on your blue ribbons!
    Someone is sooo going to like that quilt :)

Cheryl

• biwako_of_abi
    16 years ago

That is really special! I love it.

• susiequilt
    16 years ago

WOW! some lucky person will have a tremendous quilt!

Great job on the blue ribbons. That teenager quilt is a sure winner also.

What is textural fabric? Sounds nice for ice cream!

• teresa_nc7
    16 years ago

Congratulations on your blue ribbons!

I love the panel for the charity quilt. Just wonderful!

• allycaz9
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Susiequilt - sorry - I should have explained -I just meant a fabric that has texture feel to it - such as minky, velvet, terry cloth, chenille, etc. One of the ladies brought up "burlap" !!! It will be fun next month to see what they come up with.

• lots2do
    16 years ago

It was fun to see your pictures. The stars looked extra-special with the light shining through them. I loved your quilt - kept looking at that central panel and the way you offset it! Congrats on the blue ribbons too.
    Kelly - NH

• sew_self-taught
    16 years ago

Hi Allie Â
    Congratulations on the two well deserved blue ribbons!!! I have the pattern for the ice-cream cone block, using textural fabric is a great idea. Your charity quilt is very nice, itÂs perfect for a teen girl. As usual, another beauty made by you.

Nina

• laurainsdca
    16 years ago

Those are great. Love them all. You look great too -- and very happy with the ribbons(as well you should be!)!!!

• mexicomarti
    16 years ago

What great blocks! won't they make a lovely quilt or two!

Congrats on your wins. Gee, I sure love that quilt you made. Such a beautiful panel. Just gorgeous!

Marti in Mexico

• suellen_delawares
    16 years ago

WOW. I love the blue and yellow.

Suellen

• scraphappy
    16 years ago

Allie - Congratulations on your ribbons! I love the charity quilt you made! Vibrant, beautiful colors! Those star blocks are so striking. When we have raffle blocks in our guild, we sometimes have 2 or 3 winners, depending on the amt of blocks. The committee just divides them into separate groups - ex. those blocks would have been in groups of 9 for 3 winners. I envy the winner - those are all beautiful!

• allycaz9
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Sharon - last year's chairman did divide up the blocks for more than one winner, but she would do it even if there were only 16 blocks. The only time I won, I got 8 blocks. So, since they made me in charge, I said this year, the winner could decide if she wants them all - she always does! The winner did make three blocks herself so she had three chances. Of course, every month I have made two or three blocks as examples and I've never won yet!
    Thanks again, everyone.

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath