Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help finding a fabric I'm short of

Posted by gauralady (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 2, 08 at 13:11

Hi, it has been a long time since I posted but I do drop in as a lurker from time to time. I am continuing to quilt as much as I can work into my full-time working life.

High on my list of quilting priorities is continuing to make quilts for Quilts of Valor. I now have an ongoing correspondence with the chaplain of the Army 160th Special Operations regiment, the unit my son serves in, and I have dedicated my efforts to supplying quilts for the injured of 160th. My first two were recently awarded to members of the 160th which was so rewarding. I have several more in the works and hope to get a bunch finished this summer. My biggest thrill is the recent purchase of a Handi-Quilter 16. I am excited to start quilting some of my own quilts instead of having to always take them to someone to finish for me!

Now for I am making two twin quilts for our guest room (a disappearing nine patch called lattice from Nancy Brenan Daniel's "Slice 'Em & Dice 'Em Quilts") but I bought the fabric before I decided exactly what pattern that I would doing. I have tons of extra fabric for all the scrappiness I need for the blocks but the one fabric I am short of is the one that is needed to make the consistent effect on the lattice, the little corner square. I have tried a variety of options to get around the problem but I am hoping I can find enough fabric to finish it the way it is supposed to be.

Does anyone have any of this fabric?
Fabric I'm short of

I only have part of the selvage left so I think that it is P & B Textiles something called French Country or French Countryside. I bought it last year at a LQS but it is a 2004 fabric so it's long gone I am afraid. I need 1/4 to 1-2 a yard. If anyone has it, I would be glad to pay for the fabric and the shipping so I don't have to abandon all the work I have so far.

If you don't have any of this fabric what other methods would you recommend for finding a much needed fabric? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help finding a fabric I'm short of

Did you try going to the P&B textile site to see if they still have some.I have lots of fabrics,but i'm sorry i don't have that one.
Kathi

o

Try emailing the photo to Keepsake Quilting. They have an amazing stash of fabrics and promote their fabric swatch matching skills. Maybe they can help.

o

Thanks for your responses. I did try P & B Textiles first but it was too old to still be carried. I have sent an inquiry to Keepsake Quilting--I hope they can help me out!

o

If I had some I would share it with you.
Have you tried www.missingfabrics.com?
Or you could post an ISO on one of the Yahoo groups, like SewItsForSale or QuiltersFleaMarket.
Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.missingfabrics.com/

o

It sort of resembles a christmas print-It is very pretty and I hope you have luck finding it. Deanna

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here