Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gauralady

Help finding a fabric I'm short of

gauralady
15 years ago

Hi, it has been a long time since I posted but I do drop in as a lurker from time to time. I am continuing to quilt as much as I can work into my full-time working life.

High on my list of quilting priorities is continuing to make quilts for Quilts of Valor. I now have an ongoing correspondence with the chaplain of the Army 160th Special Operations regiment, the unit my son serves in, and I have dedicated my efforts to supplying quilts for the injured of 160th. My first two were recently awarded to members of the 160th which was so rewarding. I have several more in the works and hope to get a bunch finished this summer. My biggest thrill is the recent purchase of a Handi-Quilter 16. I am excited to start quilting some of my own quilts instead of having to always take them to someone to finish for me!

Now for I am making two twin quilts for our guest room (a disappearing nine patch called lattice from Nancy Brenan Daniel's "Slice 'Em & Dice 'Em Quilts") but I bought the fabric before I decided exactly what pattern that I would doing. I have tons of extra fabric for all the scrappiness I need for the blocks but the one fabric I am short of is the one that is needed to make the consistent effect on the lattice, the little corner square. I have tried a variety of options to get around the problem but I am hoping I can find enough fabric to finish it the way it is supposed to be.

Does anyone have any of this fabric?

{{!gwi}}

I only have part of the selvage left so I think that it is P & B Textiles something called French Country or French Countryside. I bought it last year at a LQS but it is a 2004 fabric so it's long gone I am afraid. I need 1/4 to 1-2 a yard. If anyone has it, I would be glad to pay for the fabric and the shipping so I don't have to abandon all the work I have so far.

If you don't have any of this fabric what other methods would you recommend for finding a much needed fabric? Thanks!

Comments (5)