Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bkfdwife

OT-bag,burp,bib,boppy-pics

bkfdwife
16 years ago

I hosted the last Siggy block swap we did, and Mary (tuppermom) sent me some really cool Fire related knit in lieu of postage. Jayme claimed it for Belle, wanting her to be surrounded by her firefighting roots.

So, here we have a bib-

a burp cloth-

I made 2 boppy covers-

and not out of the same material, but Belle needed a bag bigger than her diaper bag for overnight stays at Grammies, she just doesn't realize it yet..hahaha I made the design, but not the G's, they were freebies somewhere. The wind is blowing today and kept blowing the bag over! hahaha It has one huge inside pocket and 2 on the outside back. I gave up on trying to get a good picture.

For baby news, we had our first false alarm this morning. Jayme called from the hospital at 3am, said her water had broke and they were keeping her, but don't come yet. At 8am I got a text message from her that it was a false alarm, baby is on her bladder causing some leakage there, and that Jayme was going to bed.

Next doctor appt Thursday, might be something happening then!

Thanks for looking!

Lisa

Comments (13)

• rosajoe_gw
    16 years ago

Lisa,
    They are adorable!!! I love the material and the embroidery. Sounds like Belle will be here any day now.
    Rosa

• dmsgal
    16 years ago

They are so cute. I know you can't wait for Belle to make her appeareance. Mary in Va

• fatquarters
    16 years ago

The burp cloth is the best! The waiting foe Belle will be worse than waiting for the fire alarm!

• lots2do
    16 years ago

Nice work, Lisa! Looking forward to hearing about that baby's arrival!
    Kelly - NH

• anjea
    16 years ago

So cute!

Did you use a pattern for the boppy cover?

• bkfdwife
    Original Author
    16 years ago

thank you all! For the boppy I used a cover I had bought and traced around it, but there is a pattern on the back of the package of the "boppy" knock off I bought at Joann's. For the bib I took a bib and traced around that, when I trace I add 1/2 inch or so. The boppy I could have gone a bit bigger, it's a snug fit.

• TxMarti
    16 years ago

What is a bobby cover? Looks like the pillow I use for sleeping in the car. Is it to keep baby from having a bobble head in the car seat?

• Islay_Corbel
    16 years ago

So exciting - waiting for Belle to appear! Your bibs and bobs are gorgeous. Can't wait to see the first pics of her!

• bkfdwife
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Marti8a, a boppy is a nursing pillow. Mom's of not so significant size can put that around their waist when they sit and it gives support while nursing. They can also be turned around and used for support for the more than ample grammie's like myself! hahaha I have also seen them used on the floor to support them as they learn to sit or turn around for "tummy time". For the car seat there are now head supports to prevent bobble head.....I don't dare to count how many of those we have, between the swings and bouncy seats....and in stuff given to her! LOL
    Hope that helps!
    Lisa

• bkfdwife
    Original Author
    16 years ago

according to an email I got this morning, this thread was considered to be off topic and moved. So apparently any sewing related thread will be moved too. So, all the tote bag posts we have been enjoying should be over here too...
    Just an FYI
    Lisa

• bettyatp
    16 years ago

What about that thread with the pic of the Door Quilt !!
    That should be here too then !
    betty

• lots2do
    16 years ago

Well, maybe this will die down. We had another time when a bunch of postings were moved over here on one day and then it stopped.
    K.

• bettyatp
    16 years ago

So history does repeat itself.........