Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amazingcm

Scrappy swap quilt pic.

amazingcm
16 years ago

I need ideas for the borders? What if I use all the solid colors I have and make a 3 inch by 6 inch scrappy sashing border.

grace

Comments (11)

• maryliz
    16 years ago

Hmmm. Now it's really getting mixed up. Shouldn't this be over on the main forum?

But to answer your question: What about a piano key border? Maybe make your strips the same width as in your blocks? The width could be the same measurement as your background squares in the quilt blocks? But that would need to be separated from all those blocks by a narrow border of all one fabric. At least that's what I'd do. I'm curious to find out what others will say.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    16 years ago

I think your idea would work, Grace. Maybe watch to see you don't get the same colors together??????

(You'd think if the Forum Police were going to be this picky, the picture would have been switched to the Gallery. They probably don't quilt so they don't know what's really OT and what isn't.....you think?????)

sheesh......

SharonG/FL

• noocha
    16 years ago

This is just getting too stupid! Why was this moved here? It IS about quilting. Was it cause of the pic?
    I hope WHOEVER is really happy about all this.

• amazingcm
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I posted this picture here myself so I didn't have to keep up with two forums. grace

• redpenny
    16 years ago

JMOP I would do a solid black border to make the blocks pop!
    Red

• Aunt_Net
    16 years ago

I'm thinking a dark solid border, I love the scrappy border but you already have so much movement and color maybe a dark solid would frame it and confine it. oops I meant define it. Actually after looking some more, how about a dark 1 to 2" then a scrappy and another dark border?

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    16 years ago

oops, sorry, Grace. I just figured the forum moderators were at it again.

I like the idea of a narrow black border and then your brights. I always have to lay them out and see what they look like. I'm a visual person.......

SharonG/FL

• love2sew
    16 years ago

I like a 2" solid border of a dark color, then you can do whatever you want in a scrappy border. Love your quilt.
    Jean

• teresa_nc7
    16 years ago

You didn't say what size this quilt turned out to be, but if it is already large two or more borders may make it larger than you want it to be.

I think I would opt for a 2-inch border in a read as solid color that matches a color in the quilt, black if you like black with it, dark blue, or a red as it looks like there are a number of reds in the quilt.

That turned out beautifully!
    Teresa

• suellen_delawares
    16 years ago

That is beautiful.

What is the name of that pattern?
    Suellen

• amazingcm
    Original Author
    16 years ago

It was a swap we did earlier this year it is called patience corners. grace

Here is a link that might be useful: patience corner