Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
caroline1947

square in a square ruler.

caroline1947
16 years ago

Has anyone used it,and is it worth the bucks?

Comments (13)

• grammyp
    16 years ago

I have one and am not really thrilled with it. Maybe I just need more practice, but don't think I will get much use from it.

beverly

• teresa_nc7
    16 years ago

I like mine because I took a course in the SnS method and have a book of quilt patterns by this method. Don't know that the ruler would be needed unless you took a class and/or have a book.
    Teresa

• bettyatp
    16 years ago

Caroline , I watched the video and was very impressed with it but never ordered it .
    They do have the books to go along with the rulers .

you get it and tell me how it works. LOL!!

• patruth
    16 years ago

I have had the ruler and the book for at least 10 years but have never used them. Maybe I should get them out and check them out. I keep running across them and thinking "what a waste of money."
    Pat

• bettyatp
    16 years ago

Pat,maybe you could sell it to Caroline !!
    betty

• Islay_Corbel
    16 years ago

You need the books that go with the rulers. I LOVE her method. It does waste fabric but it's SO fast and accurate.

• User
    16 years ago

I bought the ruler with a 40% off coupon at Joann's because the outside measurement matched a block I was working on. Other than that one time, I haven't touched it.

• teresa_nc7
    16 years ago

I had read that the method wasted fabric, but having made two quilts by this method, in my opinion it doesn't waste as much fabric as I feared - and believe me, I am very miserly/frugal.

Teresa

• grammyp
    16 years ago

Perhaps I need to get a book and give this another try.

beverly

• Islay_Corbel
    16 years ago

I bet you're not paying $16 to $20 a yard for your fabric. Then you know what frugal with fabric means! LOL. Having said that, I still love that method.

• caroline1947
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I see one on sale.I may get it,as I dont think it would waste all that much fabric. Most of my fabric is $3 a yard or under and I can always use the little waste peices in applique.Im a real user upper,lol!

• bettyatp
    16 years ago

Caroline , where is it that its on sale
    I want one too!!!
    betty

• caroline1947
    Original Author
    16 years ago

The Square in a Square ruler..my mom just bought me one!! Woo Hoo!!Heres the link..
    http://softexpressions.com/software/notions/SqInSqRlrs.php#squR

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio