Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amazingcm

OT: JUNE (Long)

amazingcm
16 years ago

Well June is gone! It went really fast for me.. I left home on the 13th went to Santa Fe NM till the 19th. Santa Fe is the City Different and boy do I believe that.. I tried to visit the quilt shops there only found one and they were closed installing new carpet. I even went to one in Los Alamos and believe it or not it was closed on Sunday and Monday and I went on Monday of course. I did check out their Hobby Lobby and got my fabric for my Whack n Stack there. I also checked out JoannÂs the store was run entirely by men and teenage boys. They were very nice and helpful just kind of different. When I was in Wal-Mart noticed they did not have any fabric. I did visit Jackalope and it was really fun could have spent a fortune there but couldnÂt bring it home on the plan. Thanks for who ever told me to stop there. The plaza was a lot of fun and so was the Opera flea market.

I got home late on the 19th. Washed the clothes, straightened the house and restocked the fridge for DH and took off again on the 21st did some shopping in Tulsa (found out my favorite quilt shop in Tulsa had closed) went to DD spent the night and on to Aunt Nets for the retreat Wow that was a fun weekend.. Left there at noon on Sunday went to my motherÂs to surprise her for her birthday and found her sick in bed.. I spent the night with her and got her on the mend I thought anyway. (She wound up with a kidney infection and at the doctors later in the week they wanted to admit her to the hospital but she refused. She is doing much better now.) I stopped and picked up DD and my grandgirl and brought them home with me to celebrate DH 50th Birthday..

Tues and Thursday evenings of that week I enjoyed a mystery quilt class. It was a real challenge, we completed one block and got a lot of the pieces cut out.. It will be a large full size it has over 2100 pieces I think if I counted right and will be beautiful when I get it finished. I will post pictures when I get a little farther along.

Friday I was at the clinic for my yearly girly things at 8 am and 10 am. Then on to Springfield, MO, I had my stack n whack class from 5-9 that evening and from 9-3 on Saturday. It was a lot of fun. Even though, the tornado sirens blew the last couple of hours off and on. We kept right on sewing the sighting was north of us. I really love the way they turn out. I will post pictures when I get the borders on. Got home late Saturday evening watched my grandgirl for DD and Sunday the kids were all over for lunch and they all went home. The silence this morning is wonderfulÂ

The end of May my DD#2 announced she is getting married. So from now till Nov. 10th I will be in wedding mode. I do everything from flowers to cake. So quilting will be put on the back burner for a while. (maybe) So far for the month of July I have NO PLANS.

Thanks for all the pictures, ideas and tips and Great Job to all the quilts you have shared this month. grace

Comments (6)