Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'Our' First Date

Posted by nickisews (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 7, 06 at 10:10

I took my son (13) and his girlfriend out on their first date last night. Dad couldn't come, he's too embarressing. We went to dinner, church, out for ice cream and did a little shopping. I could have cried about half the time...my baby is not a baby anymore. They held hands nearly the entire time. It was kind of cute. I'm not sure that this isn't too early, but, I guess as long as one of the parents is along (and close by) I'll keep my old-fashioned lips zipped. I guess I should feel honored I was the parent of choice. All four parents and the kids went to the fireworks together on the 3rd and then my son asked me to do this......It's hard to let them grow up....

Nicki

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'Our' First Date

Awww. That's sweet.

I'm 19, and my dad still thinks I'm a little baby. It's good to see parents who are willing to let their kids grow up.

~ Kit

o

It's also good to see parents that aren't willing to just take the kids somewhere and drop them off & leave them to their own devices! I'm glad you stuck with them, and it's a good sign that they anticipated that as well...good raporte.

o

I don't feel 13 year olds should be 'dropped off' anywhere, much to their dismay at times. In this area so many people did just that, that the movie theatres made rules saying anyone under the age of 16 MUST be accompanied by a parent. He has to live with me for a few more years.

Nicki

o

Good for you Nicki. I went with mine till they were 16. If they wanted to go out of town after that I went along. Usually we acted like it was a double date DH & me, her and whoever. Wasn't real popular, but those were the rules. Sometimes we even went after that, just for the fun of it. I love to see parents who parent. Keep up the good work.

beverly

o

Nicki, it's so sweet and what a compliment that your son asked you. Bet you feel very special.

Yeah, it's so hard to see them grow up. I long for the old days when the kids were in and out, doing this and that, laughing and talking, keeping me busy.

But now, they're older, still keep me laughing, and I've got the grandkids to dote on, and it reminds me just how precious those years are.

Lucky you!
Mel

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here