Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
my life in a nutshell..yeah, like it would fit!

Posted by bkfdwife (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 19, 07 at 9:39

Just wanted to update everyone. First off, I sincerely appreciate all of the good wishes, thoughts and prayers as we have been embarking on this emotional rollercoaster known as my life lately! Please know I've been trying to read posts and keeping you all in my good thoughts and prayers. Brother and family left yesterday so once again it's just me at home. It was great to have them here but it's nice to have some me time too. Princess Belle is doing great, as is her mommy. They will be going home this afternoon with a quick trip around the corner to meet my mom.
Shortly after my brother left yesterday the nursing home social services worker called me. They are evaluating mom's care and think she no longer qualifies for skilled nursing. They are considering moving her to a custodial care facility. What this all boils down to is she doesn't need the nursing skills they have because she has an advanced medical directive, so is presently receiving pain meds only. Medicare will also not pay for a custodial care facility. I am waiting this morning for some of the 7 phone calls I made yesterday to be returned. Mom does not have nursing home insurance, when she tried to get it she was denied as she had had sudden rapid unexplained weight loss at the time. Now we know why. Am hoping her Medigap J will help cover the costs, but am more hoping they can find a bed in the facility she's in now. They have everything from Assisted living, to Alziemer unit to rehab to custodial care there. I really like this place. Hospice has been a joke here and depending on what I am told today they might be released. I can do what they have done and more if she stays in this facility. We had a great visit with mom yesterday, think we are all coming to terms with the ultimate outcome and are starting to accept it. Sorry to ramble, just been really stressed. Yesterday was spent between the hospital with Jayme and Belle and the nursing home with mom. Aunt Net, if you are reading this, I am SO SORRY I missed your calls yesterday! I can't have my phone on in either place and it didn't save your number so I could call you back! I really wanted to meet you, just life got in the way!
So, that's my life, I expect we'll be going thru the evaluation thing weekly, so preparing for that.
Love to all...
Lisa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: my life in a nutshell..yeah, like it would fit!

Lisa, Please take care of yourself too !!

And know that we have you and your family in our prayers

betty

o

Sometimes life is like that. Hang in there. When things get tough just rock with the princess for a while and your heart will feel happier.

o

Hang in there Lisa. One day at a time, one step at a time.
Woodsy

o

Take a deep breath and a hot bath. It really sounds like things are going to settle into a new routine for a while.

beverly

o

Oh boy, Lisa-
I wish I could come over and lend a hand. I hope that 'they' are able to find a way to keep your Mom at that facility especially since you are happy with it. I'm keeping you all in my thoughts...
Kelly - NH

o

I have been were you are with my grandmother, my mom and my dad. It is not easy. What I learned from all that is to remember to breathe in and out! If you pray talk Gods ear off and invite him to go with you everywhere. Take time off by yourself even if it is only half an hour. Ask for help when you need it. One of the best things I got from caring for my family is when my father said, "I'm glad it's you taking care of me kid-o." You can do this! Keep it simple. One thing at a time. Try to look at small pieces of the picture instead of trying to look at the entire picture all at once. Feel free to email me if you want. Please believe me when I say I care.
Suellen

o

You are in my thought and prayers. we all have to go thru it. But it still is hard. Take care. Mary in Va

o

That's hard. Sometimes I think with nostalgia of the "old days," when your friends and neighbors rallied round to help with care and there was no worry about what insurance would pay for what. On the other hand, they didn't have the great medical care that is available now, so I guess I'm glad to be living at this time. Hang in there. I was so happy to learn that the baby came and your mother will have a chance to see her.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here