Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bkfdwife

my life in a nutshell..yeah, like it would fit!

bkfdwife
16 years ago

Just wanted to update everyone. First off, I sincerely appreciate all of the good wishes, thoughts and prayers as we have been embarking on this emotional rollercoaster known as my life lately! Please know I've been trying to read posts and keeping you all in my good thoughts and prayers. Brother and family left yesterday so once again it's just me at home. It was great to have them here but it's nice to have some me time too. Princess Belle is doing great, as is her mommy. They will be going home this afternoon with a quick trip around the corner to meet my mom.

Shortly after my brother left yesterday the nursing home social services worker called me. They are evaluating mom's care and think she no longer qualifies for skilled nursing. They are considering moving her to a custodial care facility. What this all boils down to is she doesn't need the nursing skills they have because she has an advanced medical directive, so is presently receiving pain meds only. Medicare will also not pay for a custodial care facility. I am waiting this morning for some of the 7 phone calls I made yesterday to be returned. Mom does not have nursing home insurance, when she tried to get it she was denied as she had had sudden rapid unexplained weight loss at the time. Now we know why. Am hoping her Medigap J will help cover the costs, but am more hoping they can find a bed in the facility she's in now. They have everything from Assisted living, to Alziemer unit to rehab to custodial care there. I really like this place. Hospice has been a joke here and depending on what I am told today they might be released. I can do what they have done and more if she stays in this facility. We had a great visit with mom yesterday, think we are all coming to terms with the ultimate outcome and are starting to accept it. Sorry to ramble, just been really stressed. Yesterday was spent between the hospital with Jayme and Belle and the nursing home with mom. Aunt Net, if you are reading this, I am SO SORRY I missed your calls yesterday! I can't have my phone on in either place and it didn't save your number so I could call you back! I really wanted to meet you, just life got in the way!

So, that's my life, I expect we'll be going thru the evaluation thing weekly, so preparing for that.

Love to all...

Lisa

Comments (8)