Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Today's the day

Posted by glassquilt (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 27, 07 at 9:25

I have opened all of the not really important boxes in the house and put everything away - except the photos.

I am going to reward myself for being so good. Today I’m going into my sewing room and open the most important boxes of all - my boxes of material. I bought a new standard size iron. I am going to sort & iron or maybe iron & sort. I’ll probably have to turn on the AC with all the heat I’ll generate. Oh, well.

Yippee!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Today's the day

Sounds like a fabulous way to spend your day!!! Crank up that AC and don't think of the bill. And I won't tell anyone if you roll around on the floor in the fabric before ironing! LOL

o

Glass, I'm so glad to hear you are getting settled in. It must be really emotional to unpack your things and really see what's left and what's gone.

Donna

o

Glass,
I had to laugh when I saw the name of this thread-there is an old joke I'm sure we've all heard-Tonight's the night. Then I read your post and realized it was much the same. Hehe Since I've moved and had to store all my fabric, etc. I understand the feeling.
Didn't mean to offend anyone with my reference.
By the way, can't imagine not having the air on. It is HOT in So. Louisiana-not to mention the humidity.

Have a great time unpacking.

Sally

o

It's so good to hear all the unpacking is done...I don't know how you stayed out of the fabric boxes this long...I would have been peeking....so have fun with your fabric. Even if it is very warm..keep your clothes on when your ironing...remember those posts hahaha!
Jean

o

Yay for you, Glass! I hope you have lots of fun discovering your fabric stash all over again!

Teresa

o

Glass,

I Hope you have a great day, you deserve it! It will feel like Christmas in July! LOL

I meant to ask, but never have.... Did your birthday blocks from 2006 make it through the fire? If they didn't, I would like to send you a replacement block.

Janice

o

I don't know about the b'day blocks. I'm still on the first box and my hips are yelling at me. Oh, I hurt. I'm not up to standing at an ironing surface for hours.

I decided to iron first, then fold and put in a new Rubbermaid container - sorting by color or pattern.

It's going to take me longer than I thought it would. sniffle, sniffle

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here