Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maryliz_gw

What is your favorite type of chocolate?

maryliz
16 years ago

What is your favorite type of chocolate? Mine is definitely bittersweet. Lindt makes a 70% cocoa bar that is to die for. Their 85% bar is actually a bit too bitter for me. Ghirardelli is OK, too, but my husband and I only like the bittersweet. Anything else is just too sweet. Seems like it takes at least 70% cocoa to make us happy.

I'm trying to find a source of bulk chocolate, since hubby goes through so much of the stuff. Anyone know of a good source?

Comments (11)

• jennifer_in_va
    16 years ago

my favorite is dark chocolate. unless I'm making chocolate chip cookies, then it's semi-sweet. But then, if I pass a bowl of kisses, my favorite would be milk chocolate, well no, maybe dark then too. get the picture?!

no idea on sources for you...maybe a bakery-type supply shop?

• caroline1947
    16 years ago

Lindt has a white chocolate with creamy milk chocolate center truffle...Ive never tasted anything as good. But I am pre diabetic so I cant have them much.
    A friend of mine gets packs of broken chocolate from Russel Stover that she uses in cookies etc. Im not a big chocolate lover except for those truffle things,,,Oh my Word are they creamy and good!

• gerizone5
    16 years ago

My favorite is Sephora Dark Chocolate. I have a chocolate fountain and I ordered the chocolate directly from that company--very expensive but I joined the chocolate club for a while and it was discounted when getting it once a month. It's very good Belgian chocolate. I don't recommend a chocolate fountain--the clean-up is horrific.

• cannahavana
    16 years ago

If it has the word "chocolate" on the label, I'll eat it. Rebecca

• glassquilt
    16 years ago

Edible

• hayden2239
    16 years ago

You know, for years my DH would eat semi sweet choc chips kept in a jar in the fridge...He'd just grab a small handfull now & then.
    Well...He was nosing around the fridge (how dare he!) and found that darn jar I had hid in the crisper full of Dove chocolates...a mix of dark & milk & caramel filled. Wanted to know why I hadn't clued him in to Dove before this.
    Silly man....Dove is for females! LOL

• coalaska
    16 years ago

Dark only...and a little bit every day...yum.

My favorite brand is Scharffenberger, which our local grocery store just started carrying (so I don't have to go to a specialty store). I agree with Maryliz, anything less than 70% is just too sweet.

I just bought a belgium dark bar with candied ginger mixed in. wow.

Cheryl

• melissa968
    16 years ago

My favorite kind of chocolate? MINE! I hate sharing chocolate of any kind.

I really ADORE the Lindt white chocolate truffles with the white creamy centers---EXQUISITE!

Melissa

• biwako_of_abi
    16 years ago

Yes!!! White chocolate!

• coalaska
    16 years ago

Ok, I admit it, I'm a Chocolate Snob.

I found this while googling:

"Officially white chocolate cannot be called "chocolate" because it does not contain chocolate liquor."

hee hee. Tastes good anyway, doesn't it?

Cheryl
    (eating (dark) chocolate as I write this, in addition to the BOX of cookies covered with dark chocolate I had this morning)

• anjea
    16 years ago

I'm a chocolate snob, too, Cheryl! White chocolate does not contain cacao so it cannot be "chocolate." It's called chocolate because it behaves like chocolate (melting point, texture, etc.)

I'm also a chocolate snob because as I'll eat almost any kind of chocolate, I prefer it to be the "good" stuff. The darker, the better. I love See's (San Francisco), Lindt, Godiva, and Cadbury. I've also had chocolates from south America that were to die for!

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!