Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
glassquilt

I changed my GW bookmark

glassquilt
16 years ago

I have made the Conversations page my GW homepage. Thought it was a good idea when I read it yesterday in other posts. I like the idea of all topics on one index page and if it is to be Conversations that's OK by me

Comments (10)

• amazingcm
    16 years ago

ditto what glass said.. grace

• laurainsdca
    16 years ago

Thanks for the reminder, I thought of doing that last night.

• bettyatp
    16 years ago

I just did that too !!!!!!

• dmsgal
    16 years ago

LOL That's just what I was thinking . Wonder what will happen when we start posting actual quilting info on this side. hehe will it get switched ?? Mary in Va

• caroline1947
    16 years ago

did that right away!! lol

• colleenny
    16 years ago

Am doing that now. Colleen

• biwako_of_abi
    16 years ago

Me, too. Even with broadband internet, I hate having to switch back and forth, and you'd think they would show more understanding for people with slow dial-up. It is so much easier to skip over an OT than it is to have to go back and forth between Discussions and Conversations, not to mention the fact that by far the majority of the members liked things the way they were or were at least willing to put up with it.

• biwako_of_abi
    16 years ago

I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner. With FireFox, I can have Conversations as my home page on the Internet and then right click on my Quilting forum bookmark and choose "Open in New Tab," and then I will have both pages open and can easily move back and forth between them. The original opening of them will still take time for people with dial-up, but at least, once they are open, you won't have to wait for them to open again if you need to switch back and forth.

This may be possible with the Internet Explorer browser, too, but it is so long since I used it that I don't know.

• smokiescrafter
    16 years ago

Yes, it is possible to have more than one window open in Internet Explorer. If you have IE 7 - it has the tab feature. With IE 6, you just minimize the main screen and click on your IE desktop icon to open a new window and make your selection from there. I frequently have 2 - 3 windows open on my computer at a time, with no problems.
    Even tho I am on slow dial up !!!
    By using this method, I see no need to change the bookmark! But that is my personal choice.

Hope this helps,
    Jacke

• minnie_tx
    16 years ago

Jacke for those who are using AOL you can do it there too I just tried it I brought up the conversation page and then slid the right margin over to the left-then opened the Q Forum and slid the left margin over to the right and they both show up at the same time. What a great idea .