Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
glassquilt

OT - Must be an allergy

glassquilt
16 years ago

I woke up this morning with my checks feverish, puffy & pink. Under my chin is itchy. I took 2 aspirin two hours ago and it doesn't feel as if it has changed anything so I just took some feudalisms. Cold water feels good but I can only splash my face so much. Grrr

Comments (17)

• colleenny
    16 years ago

Glass, Sounds like allergies. What's a feudalism? Colleen

• glassquilt
    Original Author
    16 years ago

That's a first. I thought typed sudafed. I even checked on the spelling. Have no idea how feudalism got in there.

• cannahavana
    16 years ago

LOL! Glass I just typed in sudafed and checked the spell checker and feudalism is on the top as a suggested spelling! You must have clicked it by accident.

On the allergies, if you have any benadryl handy, it may help. But, please wait until the feudalism wears off! :)

Rebecca

• grammyp
    16 years ago

It does sound like allergies. I hope it isn't something they used in the new house. Benadryl should help, and you can try the cream for the itch.

beverly

• laurainsdca
    16 years ago

LOL -- Rebecca, you were smarter than me! I felt so ignorant I went to dictionary.com and looked it up before I scrolled down. GLASS -- this is what you took:
    =============
    feudalism: form of political and social organization typical of Western Europe from the dissolution of Charlemagne's empire to the rise of the absolute monarchies.
    =============
    (They can put anything in a pill these days!) I used to have a software program whose spell checker always wanted to turn my name from Laura to Larva. Lovely...

OH YEAH -- GLASS, sorry to hear about your allergies. They sound absolutely miserable.

• ddavisgray
    16 years ago

LOL..Laura, to good.

Glass, have you been messing around any poison ivy, poison oak or poison sumac?

doris=^.^=

• glassquilt
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I have not been playing outside - that would be too easy. I've done the poison ivy thing twice in my yard.

I'm still swollen so I'll call my doctor today or go to urgent care (if the doctor's office will tell me where they are)

• maryliz
    16 years ago

Hope that clears up soon. And doesn't come back!

• glassquilt
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Saw my doctor today and she told me to use 1% cortisone ointment; gave me a sample of Clarinex - enough for 5 days and prescribed Azithromycin - 5 days. I was to use the ointment & Clarinex and wait 3 hours.

If there was no improvement I was to get the antibiotic. I did. Now I just have to wait and see. Gives me an excuse to look in the mirror often.

• bettyatp
    16 years ago

Oh !! You got moved too!!LOL!!!

• ddavisgray
    16 years ago

Glass,
    I h0pe it clears up. Did she say what may have caused it?

doris

• bkfdwife
    16 years ago

Glass is it possible one of the fur babies got a flea and you got bit? Just a thought

• Aunt_Net
    16 years ago

Glass,
    Hope things are better by now.
    Aunt Net

• sew_self-taught
    16 years ago

Glass -
    How are you feeling? I hope better today.

Nina

• glassquilt
    Original Author
    16 years ago

The antibiotic seems to have turned the tide. My face no longer looks like I have a strawberry birthmark and it doesn't itch as much. It does get bothersome if I'm in the sun or over the stove so I'm not cooking on the grill.

• sew_self-taught
    16 years ago

Glass Â
    I just had a thoughtÂ...do you think maybe what ever the fire cleaners used might be affecting you? Maybe some chemical? I know youÂve been sorting through all your boxes this week. Just a thought. Feel better.

Nina

• colleenny
    16 years ago

Glass, Hope that you are starting to improve by now. Colleen