Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
suellen_delawares

My view of brushfire - Pic

suellen_delawares
16 years ago

I live on 20 acres in southern Utah and we are having terrible brushfires. We took these picture on Monday from our backyard. It hasn't come into our valley, and we don't believe it's going to.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

There are 2 fires near us one is 15 miles away the other is about 40 mile. The farther fire has burned 329,100 acres. Both fires are under control, but weather conditions can change this fast. We have friends on the fire crews please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

Thanks Suellen

Comments (6)

• gerizone5
    16 years ago

Been seeing all the news reports on the fires. It's so scary. Hope they get put out soon and none come your way. The fire crew is in my thoughts.

• msmeow
    16 years ago

Suellen, be careful! I think we still have several large fires burning in north FL.

Donna

• benken
    16 years ago

Suellen, What a scary thing to see from your home...my prayers are with you and your friends.

Linda

• wanda_va
    16 years ago

That is so scary. I hope you and yours will be safe. I keep firefighters, law enforcement and the military in my prayers each and every day. God bless them!

• suellen_delawares
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I don't know what else to say except Thank You for caring.
    We can't see any flames and the smoke in the area has decreased.
    This picture was taken Wed. night at 7:45 pm, and the sun is still well above the horizon.
    My husband says that the suns glow in the sky lools like something out of "Lord of the Rings."
    Suellen

• glassquilt
    16 years ago

"Lord of the Rings" that's some description. Take care.