Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone having trouble using 'Save Image as'?

Posted by biwako_of_abi (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 14, 07 at 1:13

When I want to save a copy of someone's beautiful quilt to look at later, or keep a picture of a fellow quilter, I right-click on it and choose "Save image as", then a box pops up and I can tell the computer where to save the picture. So far, so good, but lately, nothing actually does get saved, no matter where I try to put it.

I have even gone back and deleted a picture previously saved from the Internet and then asked to save it again as described above, and that function just doesn't work anymore.

Thinking it might be due to a recent automatic update of Windows, I removed the update, but still no good. Then I did a System Restore back to July 5. Still no good.

So I am wondering if it is just my computer, or if someone somewhere has decided to make it impossible to save *any* pictures at all to our computers. I know that some pictures are protected from being saved this way, but not all--or at least, they didn't used to be.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone having trouble using 'Save Image as'?

Hi, there. I am able to use the "save image as" function. I just did it a moment ago to test. I use Firefox version 2.0.0.4 and the picture opened with my current default, Finepix viewer, when I double-clicked it from "My Computer."

Computers are so great when they work as expected, but it sometimes seems someone can sneeze in the same room and send it all in a tizzy, doesn't it?

I hope you figure this out quickly.

o

Biwako,I am not having a problem with it. Did you try posting this in the computer help forum?? They are really helpful. I check them out a few times a week just to learn stuff.

o

I agree that you should ask the nice folks over at the Computer Help forum. They are great. Good Luck!!

o

The problem is now solved. Two people at the Computer forum suggested CrapCleaner, so I got that because it really looks useful, but the problem was only with Firefox. Something had gotten corrupted.

I finally fixed it--after trying a lot of other things--by deleting the whole Mozilla folder from my Documents & Settings>[user name]>Applications folder. That contains your FireFox profile, Bookmarks and Scrapbook add-on, etc., so I backed those up to a CD prior to the deletion.

Everything is now back to normal. If anyone else has a similar problem, I have described the solution in more detail in the thread I started on the Computer forum. Thanks for telling me about it. I can see I am going to become a regular there, too!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here