Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Casserole carriers.

Posted by grammyp (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 29, 06 at 22:16

I have been asked to make 2 quilted casserole carriers for a raffle at work. Would it be cheating to use pre-quilted fabric and just bind them? I have found some fabric I really like and it would be so much easier to use. There is some coordinating fabric I can use for binding.

beverly

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Casserole carriers.

Beverly,

I don't think it is cheating at all. I can't imagine how anyone would worry about that.

do you have a good pattern for these, i've thought they might make nice christmas gifts?

Anne

o

Anne, I have one called Quilted Casserole Carriers that I ordered online. I will be glad to loan it to you after I get mine done if you would like. It has patterns for a round and rectangular carrier and seems easy enough to make.

beverly

o
RE: Casserole carriers pattern

Anne, I found this one online and it is free. It looks like the round one I have, but mine doesn't have the gathered lace on the handle.

beverly

o

I don't think it would be cheating either.They asked you to make them,and if they didn't give you specifics,then i see no problem.Make it easy on yourself.
Kathi

o

Beverley,

thanks so much for offering to help.

I can't see the online link, is it only me?

Anne

o

I once made a casserole carrier from a Nancy's Notions kit. It came out real cute although the instructions for it were horrible. I did keep the instructions even though I never tried to make another one. And I don't think it's cheating to make it from pre-quilted material. Could you try to send the link again, I also can't see it.

Geri

o
RE: Casserole carriers link

Sorry, forgot the link for the pattern.

Geri, I found the one from Nancy's Notions and didn't like the instructions either. I saved it for future use because I like the way it looks. I'm not sure if I will use that one or not.

beverly

Here is a link that might be useful: quilted casserold carrier

o

Thanks for that link Beverly, those are real cute. The one I made from Nancy's was very nice and my DIL loved it. I made it especially for her as she is always cooking and bringing. The problem mostly with that pattern is that it shows it in color in the catalog and then when they send you the pattern it is a copy of the original and not in color which I didn't think was right. It would have been easier to figure out if it was in color the way is should have been.

o

I don't think that's cheating at all. I mean, am I cheating when I don't weave my own cloth and then say I "made" a quilt?! Did I not really "make" the loaf of bread if I didn't harvest and grind the wheat into flour myself (and then put it in a my bread machine!!!)

You are buying the supplies and putting it together -- and most important, you found fabric you really LIKE!

o

grammp-That site no longer has a pattern. Can you suggest another.?

o

This one should be fairly easy to make.

Here is a link that might be useful: casserole carrier

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here