Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grammyp_gw

Casserole carriers.

grammyp
17 years ago

I have been asked to make 2 quilted casserole carriers for a raffle at work. Would it be cheating to use pre-quilted fabric and just bind them? I have found some fabric I really like and it would be so much easier to use. There is some coordinating fabric I can use for binding.

beverly

Comments (11)

• mum_in_africa
    17 years ago

Beverly,

I don't think it is cheating at all. I can't imagine how anyone would worry about that.

do you have a good pattern for these, i've thought they might make nice christmas gifts?

Anne

• grammyp
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Anne, I have one called Quilted Casserole Carriers that I ordered online. I will be glad to loan it to you after I get mine done if you would like. It has patterns for a round and rectangular carrier and seems easy enough to make.

beverly

• grammyp
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Anne, I found this one online and it is free. It looks like the round one I have, but mine doesn't have the gathered lace on the handle.

beverly

• kathi_mdgd
    17 years ago

I don't think it would be cheating either.They asked you to make them,and if they didn't give you specifics,then i see no problem.Make it easy on yourself.
    Kathi

• mum_in_africa
    17 years ago

Beverley,

thanks so much for offering to help.

I can't see the online link, is it only me?

Anne

• gerizone5
    17 years ago

I once made a casserole carrier from a Nancy's Notions kit. It came out real cute although the instructions for it were horrible. I did keep the instructions even though I never tried to make another one. And I don't think it's cheating to make it from pre-quilted material. Could you try to send the link again, I also can't see it.

Geri

• grammyp
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Sorry, forgot the link for the pattern.

Geri, I found the one from Nancy's Notions and didn't like the instructions either. I saved it for future use because I like the way it looks. I'm not sure if I will use that one or not.

beverly

Here is a link that might be useful: quilted casserold carrier

• gerizone5
    17 years ago

Thanks for that link Beverly, those are real cute. The one I made from Nancy's was very nice and my DIL loved it. I made it especially for her as she is always cooking and bringing. The problem mostly with that pattern is that it shows it in color in the catalog and then when they send you the pattern it is a copy of the original and not in color which I didn't think was right. It would have been easier to figure out if it was in color the way is should have been.

• laurainsdca
    17 years ago

I don't think that's cheating at all. I mean, am I cheating when I don't weave my own cloth and then say I "made" a quilt?! Did I not really "make" the loaf of bread if I didn't harvest and grind the wheat into flour myself (and then put it in a my bread machine!!!)

You are buying the supplies and putting it together -- and most important, you found fabric you really LIKE!

• grams33
    13 years ago

grammp-That site no longer has a pattern. Can you suggest another.?

• grammyp
    Original Author
    13 years ago

This one should be fairly easy to make.

Here is a link that might be useful: casserole carrier