Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lots2do_gw

Summertime Swap Received!

lots2do
16 years ago

Hi,

I am so overwhelmed with the goodies I received today from sew_self-taught! Wow! It was such a great surprise to find a box for me here today! (I will be thanking you properly soon, Nina!)...

Thanks again,

Kelly - NH

Comments (66)

• noocha
    16 years ago

Kay, is that a pic of your mouse you got? That's great!

I got an envelope today in the mail also. Thanks Jen.
    Here's a pic:
    {{!gwi}}
    and another one:
    {{!gwi}}

It's 4 fat quarters, 2 packs of unsweetened lemonade, a recipe for southern banana pudding, & a gadget I'm not sure what is used for?

• Woodsy
    16 years ago

VERY nice mouse pad diva!

Noocha, is the gadget you're taking about that stained glass quilt looking thingey? Looks like a BEAUTIFUL book marker! Nice FQ too!

• noocha
    16 years ago

Yes, woodsy, that's what I'm talking about. You can see the front of it in the 2nd pic, the back of it in 1st pic. It's sticky/coarse on the back like an emery board & it's thicker than you can tell from the pic. That's why I think it's to push fabric under the foot of sewing machine?

• Woodsy
    16 years ago

Hmmm, that's different isn't it? Maybe Jen can enlighten you as to it's specific purpose...I'm really curious now to find out exactly what it is...gee, maybe I NEED to own one myself! lol.

• amazingcm
    16 years ago

Kay I am so glad you liked your package. I had to put it together in a hurry before I left and forgot to add a note or the drink mix.. Oh well maybe next time... I am still not home and will have a very busy week next week so I hope to catch up with the forum in July... grace

Oh, I made the mouse pad. I printed the design out on iron on fabric and ironed it on a blank mouse pad.. I found the picture on the internet. grace

• colleenny
    16 years ago

I was so excited today when Lyndawn's package arrived. She made me a beautiful pillow cover which I posted a picture of. She sent me a candle and towel and great FQs. Thanks so much Lynette. What a great swap this was. Colleen

• amcfeely
    16 years ago

I recieved my packaged today from Nancy(stitches). thank you so much. The fabric was absolutely perfect. And I needed one of those magnet things so I am so glad you sent it. Getting your package in the mail was the perfect end to my retreat weekend. Thanks again.

Amy

Oh and my package is not quite ready to go out but will be in a day or two.

• lyndawn
    16 years ago

Colleen
    I'm so glad you liked it. I agonized over what to send:) I tried to stick to your favorite colors. The candles are my one of my favorites (just make sure you don't have sweets around when you burn it..LOL). I'm glad you liked everything.

I hope you had fun with this swap.

Lynette

• elizabethann_quilter
    16 years ago

Marie(Digger), I received your package today. Thank you! It arrived just at the right time when I needed it most!
    Thanks!!! Elizabeth

• Woodsy
    16 years ago

Mayme,
    I came home from work today to find your package on the kitchen table! Ohhhh, the fabric is just BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVE the colors...and they are all co-ordinated, too!! And the tie-dyed looking piece is just awesome!! The hotpad is something I definately will use a lot. And the little credit card/purse wallet is just TOO cute! I love the fabric you used. (It's already in my purse! lol)

Thank you sooooo much for the very special package!! You really made my day!

This was a great swap, wasn't it?

Lynn (woodsy) (PS...I'm a garden junker too!)

• vicky4x4
    16 years ago

noocha do you think your "gadget" could be one of these? It may be just what it looks like. At any rate it has me wondering.

Vicky

Here is a link that might be useful: gadget

• Woodsy
    16 years ago

Mayme.. I forgot to thank you for the recipe!! My hubby just LOVES peanut butter and wanted me to make the cake for him tonite!! LOL. But, he's gonna have to wait til the week end. It really sounds yummy!
    Thank you!

• noocha
    16 years ago

Vicky, I think you may be right! That looks & sounds exactly like what I've got. My daughter saw it last night & said that's what it was.

• noocha
    16 years ago

I mailed my package to judy333 on Monday, the 18th. The delivery confirmation said it was delivered on Wednesday, the 20th. It's not fun when I've not heard anything back from the person I sent it to. So where are you judy?

• bkfdwife
    16 years ago

Noocha, I have emailed Judy, will let you know what I hear!
    Lisa

• vicky4x4
    16 years ago

Teresa,
    I got the package today! I LOVE the blues of the fat quarters, yep right up my alley. I think the little humbug bag will work great for my needles and thread for hand quilting, too. We LOVE stash teas and drink them a lot, my favorite is Lemon Blossom but I haven't tried the Blueberry, it may become a favorite. The recipe looks very much like something my family would like. And for all those out there, like me, that love pictures here you go:

Vicky4x4

• teresa_nc7
    16 years ago

Glad your package arrived safely, Vicky! Hmmmmmm...I haven't tried Stash Lemon Blossom yet - that's a new one I'll have to look for.

It was so funny: when I was looking for a small box to mail in, I opened up that box and there was blue tissue paper inside - how perfect!

Teresa

• noocha
    16 years ago

Lisa,
    I'm giving up on hearing from her at this point. Maybe she's out of town. But somebody got a nice package last week!

• sew_self-taught
    16 years ago

I just want to let my swap partner know that I am still on the road from Aunt Net's. We will be home after July 5. I'm looking forward to a squishy to welcome me home. I will post then. Thanks in advance, who ever you may be out there.

Nina

• lyndawn
    16 years ago

Michelle (hayden2239)

Thank you soooooo much!! I just love my pkg. The fabric is so me...hehehe. I would have co ordinated it the same exact way. I was laughing about that with my mom. I told her I would have picked out a fabric in thhe same blue to match. I wear almost all browns and greens because they are my favorties, but I rarely make anything with fabric those colors.

I am also a pattern buff. I can never have enough patterns.

I love to cook, so recipes are always nice, but sometimes you want something easy and quick that will satisfy. I think the rasberry mix will be great. I haven't decided how I'm going to fix it though. At the present moment I'm thinking cheesecake, but we'll see how I feel later.

The card was also so cute. My kids loved it too. We are all dog lovers.

You have truely inspired me...and boy did I need it!!! LOL

Thank you again so much!

Lynette

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• Nancy Morris
    16 years ago

I have been out of town and was so excited to see that my swap package had arrived.
    Janet (I don't know your forum name) The bright fat quarters you sent make me smile so they are a great choice. I am not sure what I will do with them yet but they will fit in my stash until then nicely. The quilt label was a great addition as I never seem to have one when I need one. Also, I sent one to my swap partner. What a coincidence!
    The recipes all sound good and since we are drinking more tea now I want to try the spiced tea one first. The Lemon Angel Custard sounds dreamy.
    The cards you made are really nice. I love the designs. I like to put hand-made items on the walls in my sewing room and these will go there.
    I have never been to New Hampshire but have wanted to visit there and then into Maine. I will try to get there one day. I was in Massachusetts and Connecticut one fall and it was really pretty.
    Thanks again for the wonderful gifts!
    Stitches (Nancy)

• nassongrad_nh
    16 years ago

OMG Stitches, seems like I got everything right except for letting you know who the package was from! Sorry 'bout that! I'm so glad you liked my choices. Brights are a bit out of the norm for me, so I'm especially glad they turned out to your liking. Maine and New Hampshire are quite different from Massachusetts and Connecticut, so you'll find many new sights when you come. Glad to have made you smile.

jd

• teresa_nc7
    16 years ago

Elizabeth, I received your wonderful swap package today! Everything is great - love the lime green and pink fat quarters, also the WOW one; the fruity tea bags smell so good, can't wait to try them; the plastic case for my rotary cutter is something I didn't have; the tiny buttons will add a lot of color to my cards and sewing projects; and your recipes look delicious for easy summer meals.

Thank you so much! I really love everything! This has been a fun swap and I hope we do it again next summer. Ha!

Teresa

• ddavisgray
    16 years ago

Sue,
    Thank you so much for the wonderful swap goodies!!!
    I love everything.
    The brights are beautiful and I've wanted one of those 'purple thangs' ever since I read about it on one of the posts here on the forum. The Pomegranate White tea is to die for!! I'm trying the Mango Black tea tonight. I haven't had either one before. You did good!!

Thanks for the two books too.

In That Dorky Homemade Look book, she talks about "fear of florals" and I had to go look at my stash. I don't have many either!
    I'm having so much fun reading in my spare time that I can't wait to read Stash Envy.

The recipe, Marin's Special Salad, looks sooo good.

Thanks again!
    doris=^,^=

• sue7972
    16 years ago

Doris, I'm glad you liked everything. Buying anything orange was a real stretch for me. I keep saying I hate orange, but then I thought those fat quarters were pretty, so maybe I just hadn't found the right orange yet. I thought the books were funny, too. She has quite a sense of humor and doesn't take herself seriously at all. Hearing from you made my day :)
    Sue

• amazingcm
    16 years ago

Doris, Thank You it was like Christmas when I opened your package.. Personalized costers, 4th of July bag, beautiful needle box, notepad, lotion, old crosses quilt pattern, bee panel, and 4 awesome flat quarters.. lined with quilt batting that I will use.. Oh my you went above and beyond.. Thank You. I will post a picture later Photobucket is not working at the moment.. THANK YOU AGAIN!!!! grace

• sue7972
    16 years ago

Kelly (lots2do) I got my wonderful swap package today. The fabrics are great, that garden one will go into my I spy stash. If it wasn't so close to the 4th I'd use the stars to make something to celebrate the holiday...well maybe I can get a jump on next year. Love the pins and the lint brush, it's much better than the itty bitty one that came with my machine. The recipes sound yummy. I have several fruit trees in my backyard, including many orange trees, so I know I'll be trying that orange mousse recipe as soon as the oranges are ripe. I am anxious to try the tea, I've been trying to find some refreshing summer drinks and that one looks like a winner. Thanks again. You did a fabulous job.
    Sue

• coalaska
    16 years ago

hmmm... I may have to track a package. It's been "in the mail" for too long.

If "someone" hasn't received it by end of today, I will do that:)

Cheryl

• lots2do
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Sue7972,
    It was a pleasure to shop for you!
    :)Kelly - NH

• amazingcm
    16 years ago

picture of my amazing package from Doris. I am using my bag as my July purse.. I love it... grace

• ddavisgray
    16 years ago

Oh Grace, I'm so glad you like everything.

I was kinda unsure about the fabrics.

The coasters were my first time to use the circle attachment on my new embroidary machine Charles got me.
    That thing is amazing and fun to use. I'd never used a circle attachment before.

The bag was made from the blocks from our flag swap, I should have quilted it :( sorry.

Hope you have a great 4th of July.

doris=^.^=

• tuppermom
    16 years ago

Cathleen (cziga)

I rec'd my swap package today. Thanks so much for everything. I can't wait to use the great spice mixes you made. I also have a herb garden but never thought of making up mixes. The tea smells lovely I love iced tea! Can't wait to try it.
    And the fabrics are a perfect addition for my stash. I especially love the green/purple/yellow print.
    You must have read my mind because i just put my last needle in my sewing machine last night!
    The recipes look perfect for summer entertaining and we do have a large pear tree so I will try the pear bread. I have canned them, made pear butter and eaten them straight off the tree but never heard of pear bread.
    Thanks too for the seeds you dried and enclosed. Do you think I could start them now or should I wait until next spring? Almost forgot, the candles smell so nice I don't want to burn them! Maybe I'll tuck them into a drawer or two!

Thanks again

Mary

• sew_self-taught
    16 years ago

Thank You Judy Lee!!!

We got home from our road trip and there was a full box of mail waiting for us at the Post Office. Sitting on the top of the stack was my Squishy! Of course it was the first thing I opened.

I LOVE the half yard of paisley fabric! It is so cute and fun. And the other three FQÂs are really nice too. ItÂs great that you knew I like daisies because the buttons and the daisy shaped post-its are too perfect! Your handwritten Zucchini Cake recipe looks really good, I will make it soon. Thank you for the cute photo album, I already know what photos I will fill it with. And the bookmarker is pretty too!

Everything was really great and it put a huge smile on my face. Thank you.

Nina

• judy333
    16 years ago

Noocha is my living-here-on-earth ANGEL!

Some of you know that I was in Florida for a week's vacation. During that time, my package must have arrived since I picked it up at the post office when I returned. Upon returning, I went to a new physical therapist for my back/shoulder problem. She did something to my back which triggered a very scarey episode in my life...my body's functions slowed down as my temperature soared and before I knew it, I was being rushed to the hospital by ambulance. Thankfully, I had stabilized by the time the paramedics arrived. It appears I had something happen to a vagal (sp?) nerve which makes one's body go haywire to keep one alive.

I am now feeling stronger and am FINALLY online to thank Noocha for her wonderful gifts. Besides the lovely, cheerful fabric I got my favorite chocolate bars (Hershey's milk chocolate!), an adorable stuffed bear, a tiny teapot knickknack, a candle, and two mystery books. ALL of them have cheered me up as I've been resting on my couch. One of the books has lived with me during waiting in doctors' waiting rooms. So, Noocha, you have been an angel in my life bringing me smiles during a very scarey time. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

Judy in Massachusetts

• ddavisgray
    16 years ago

Good heavens Judy,
    aren't physical therapist suppossed to make you feel better?
    I hope all turns out alright for you.

I've never heard of such a thing.

You're in my thoughts and prayers.

doris=^.^=

• mrseldoo
    16 years ago

Noocha,
    It is a nail file:)
    -Jen

• cziga
    16 years ago

Mary (tuppermom),

I got mine as well, possibly the only package in the swap to be hand delivered :) Unfortunately I wasn't at home at the time, Mary it would have been nice to meet you! I was away for a wedding, but your package was the first thing I opened when I got in the door. The fabrics are beautiful, such beautiful bright butterflies (I love butterflies), and the grape fabric will fit perfectly (colour wise) into my vinyard themed table runner which is an upcoming project! Thank you so much for all 5 fabrics. The tea looks delicious and the recipes are certainly new to me, I've never tried any of them before so it should be a lot of fun, especially the Chocolate Monkey. The Rosemary Lemonade sounds wonderful as well, so simple. I grow Rosemary every year and never even thought about trying anything like that! The pincushion purse is also beautiful and I'm actually not quite sure about the other one -- is it a pincushion as well, that fits on/around your finger?

Also, wanted to say that the book idea is a great one, and I will certainly be reading it and then passing it on again!

Most of those seeds can be sprinkled around the ground in the fall and they will come up in the Spring. Some (like Hibiscus and Tomatoes etc) should wait until Spring to sow!

Anyways, thanks a lot for the wonderful gift! It really brightened up my day :)

• suellen_delawares
    16 years ago

I got my package!!!! I knew who was sending it.
    In the sent posts she put things like: her chickens, her quilts. summer breeze beside a field of sunflowers, vast blue sky
    and the nearby mountains. Flowers? Chickens? Blue skies? When I read her post I knew she was talking about me!
    Thank You Cheryl (coalaska) This is a picture of what I got:
    {{!gwi}}
    Even the package was fun it is the bright flowers in the picture.
    I love it all! My husband liked it too because I was very happy and excited. He laughed when he saw all the chickens.
    He also has his eyes on my tea and wants to make the recipe you sent.
    Thank you! You made my day!

Suellen

My Delaware chickens and the view of the Sunflowers, Blue Skies and Mountains.

• coalaska
    16 years ago

hooray! I don't know why it took so long, but I'm glad you received it! You live in a beautiful place :)

Cheryl

• marty_mo
    16 years ago

My mail just arrived and I dashed to get it, still no squishy! :( I was the first to mail and I guess will be the last to receive ~ the story of my life...lol. Oh well it gives me something to look forward to each day, I hope the mail lady doesn't think I have a crush on her....lol.

Marty (Missouri)

• noocha
    16 years ago

Hey Judy! So glad you made it home from the physical therapist! I've never heard of such a thing either. Are they trying to kill you girl?
    I'm so glad you liked your swap package. The books are great aren't they?

• tuppermom
    16 years ago

Cathleen,

I was hoping to meet you as well...we will have to arrange a meeting at a quilt show sometime.
    We were going to Vaughan Mills and I knew you weren't too far from there. My brother used to live on Rumble Ave. I love that area of Richmond Hill although I noticed that you have to put up with the Canadian summer pastime...CONSTRUCTION!!!

The little finger pin cushion is something my guild made and gave out at the quilt show last year. I think they are great...you always have pins at your finger tips!

I tried the tea...it is very nice and refreshing. Thanks again.

I am glad you liked your package. This was alot of fun.

Thanks Lisa!!!

Mary

• hayden2239
    16 years ago

kit, I received your pkg today
    I love the fabric...I am a batik junkie (love to buy, never use LOL)
    And the turtles are just the cutest, with a great multi colored Michael Miller stripe! These are just georgeous!
    And wouldn't you know, klutzy me was walking thru the house last nite, dropped my little sewing bag & scissors, and they went down the heat register. My son was gonna come over this weekend and run a magnet on a string down to try & recover them, but now he doesn't have to! I got a new pair, and they're Fiskars! Much better than the ones I had from JoAnns!
    I think I'll try the Jello Pretzel salad recipe for my quilt guild potluck on monday nite. Looks great!
    Thanks ever so much! This was fun!
    Michele

• marty_mo
    16 years ago

Amcfeely ~

I received your very nice package today. All the items are things that I can use and to answer your question no I don't currently have a magnetic pin holder, that will be a nice addition to my sewing room.

The fabric is great, please tell your sons that I LOVE their choices; usually I go for more tame (boring) prints, I am excited to have the splash of colors to add to my collection and look forward to working them into a project.

The flavored hot chocolates and the recipes look yummy, I like trying new recipes especially with all the potlucks we have at church and work. Thanks.

I have been trying to figure out photobucket so I will practice with a picture of my goodies.

Marty (Missouri)
    {{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Wow that was easy....lol

• ironkit
    16 years ago

I'm sorry I sent the squishy so late, Michele, but I'm glad it came at just the right moment. I thought 'everyone needs a good little scissors' since I use mine so often, for just about everything.

~ Kit

• ddavisgray
    16 years ago

Here's my goodies Sue (sue7972) sent me.
    I thought I'd better get a picture of it before all the tea is gone. Those are soo good.

Aren't the fat quarters great?!

Thanks again Sue.

doris=^.^=

• mrseldoo
    16 years ago

Yeah! I checked my mailbox and there was my package waiting for me.

Judy, thank you so much! It is sooo wonderful! Everything you sent was so fabulous. And wouldn't you know I had been looking online for Christmas fabric?

Don't worry about being late. I was in the hospital for 8 days with pancreatitus.

This is what I got (which was entirely too much!):

Cooking on the run, cookbook, Hidden Block Quilts, 5 quilt patterns, 7 fat quarters (including 3 Christmas), a plastic template marking pencil, wash a way basting thread, invisible thread, and mettler quilting thread.

-Jen ( who feels like it's Christmas!)
    {{!gwi}}

• judy333
    16 years ago

I'm so glad my package arrived FINALLY! I hit the jackpot with a store that was moving and had items they wanted to give away for pennies. Plus, I had some old patterns and a book hanging around that needed a home. Because of this, I was able to keep things under $10. So, Jen, enjoy!

• mrseldoo
    16 years ago

Judy, you are too sweet! Are you feeling better?

• bkfdwife
    16 years ago

yeehaw! Thank you all ladies! This swap is now officially CLOSED!!! hahaha..all packages I believe have been recieved, if not, PLEASE let me know
    Lisa