Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lots2do_gw

Yippee! School is over for me!

lots2do
16 years ago

Hi,

I finished packing all of my stuff in my new classroom at 5:30 tonight. Phew! What a relief! Still have a little bit of paperwork to do but it will get done.

I start my summer writing institute tomorrow. Monday-Thursday for 5 weeks...but it is really satisfying and a different pace from 'regular' school.

:)Kelly - NH

Comments (5)

• maryliz
    16 years ago

Well I'm glad to hear you're so happy. Will you be teaching English composition? That was always so hard for me, until I studied linguistics in college. Discourse analysis helped me write better. Go figure!

• lots2do
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi maryliz,
    I am working on my master's in the teaching of writing. This is a National Writing Project summer institute running for 5 weeks (6 graduate credits). The main philosophy behind it is to have teachers teach other teachers how to teach writing. Phew! That's a mouth full. I was a participant last year and now I am returning to assist (and to participate on another level). There are 4 of us returning and we all get along very well. It's a very rewarding experience...as teachers we don't get a lot of time to do research etc. This could also lead me to other professional opportunities - giving workshops to families and teachers, running writer's camps for students, maybe teaching college courses and that sort of thing.

This has been such a tough school year for me - personally etc. I was so happy to be done...and am now looking forward to my summer.

Thanks for your message,
    Kelly - NH

• nassongrad_nh
    16 years ago

What a great way to spend the summer, Kelly. And there is such a need to improve the language skills, oral and written, these days. Good for you!

Did you get Quilted Threads email about their new quilt challenge? My mind started spinning with ideas when I read it, but I don't know if I'll actually submit something. Keepsake has a new one going as well, but the turnout for those is rather impressive!

Glad you're finally getting a break from the routine!

jd

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    16 years ago

Kelly, You sound excited about the next 5 weeks. I'm glad you have that to look forward to after your tough school year.

.....maybe more sewing/quilting, too????

SharonG/FL

• lots2do
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi there again!
    This is the first chance I've had to check in here. Nice to hear from you...

I will have to check out the challenge info. from Quilted Threads, nasson. Sounds intriguing.

Sharon-thanks for your kind words too. It has been a tough, tough year with everything and I am ready for a change of pace and a fresh start. I am also hoping to get some quilting/creative projects completed once I get into the routine of this summer experience. I took a Stack and Whack class on Saturday and really want to get more done than the one block completed in class.

Take care!
    Kelly - NH