Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grammyp_gw

Katy Trail Ride pics

grammyp
15 years ago

Here is a link to some of the pictures from our ride on the Katy Trail. I can't believe I took 654 pictures in 6 days but I did. Don't worry, I think there are only 36 on Photobucket.

beverly

Here is a link that might be useful: Katy Trail Ride pics

Comments (7)

• nana24
    15 years ago

Beverly,
    This looks like a highly organized ride. Is it a bike group.? How many people go and how far did you travel? It looks very interesting. Was it terribly hot? You obviously started in the early morning by one of the pictures. (I have to walk very early and still come home soaked with the heat and humidity.)

The scenery is beautiful. Looks like a wonderful trip.

TFS
    Sally

• grammyp
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sally, this was a ride organized by the Missouri Department of Natural Resources on the Katy Trail (a Rails to Trails trail). It was from St Charles to Clinton (225 miles), and took 5 days. It is limited to 300 riders (there were 278 this year) and we had one from BC and one from Scotland. This year was one of the coolest they have ever had, and boy was I glad. I don't do hot well. You could leave anytime you wanted, the first rest stop opened at 7 and they had a rest stop about every 10 miles. We had a wonderful time.

beverly

• jennifer_in_va
    15 years ago

Beverly,
    Looks like a great trip!! Nice to see yours & Tim's faces again.
    jennifer

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    15 years ago

Great pics Beverly! I'm glad the weather cooperated and you had a good time. Looks like you even had showers. LOL What a wonderful thing that you and Tim enjoy doing this together.....gives you some 'us' time, eh?

SharonG/FL

• gerizone5
    15 years ago

I looked at all your pictures and they are great. It reminds me of the bike trip here in NYS. It is the Erie Canal Bike Tour and is limited to about 300 people as well. It starts in Buffalo NY and ends in Albany and is 5 days with stops at various site seeing venues, etc. People come from all over the world to take this tour, bring their babies in tow and all. The only reason I know about it is that when our little country store was open, we were the rest stop one year. We met some very nice people. You should try it in NYS some time. You would be going right by my house, the bike path and Erie Canal is right across the street. Looks like you went past some flooded areas--so sad about all that. Glad you are safe and sound.

• grammyp
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Geri, there were several people on the ride that have done the Erie Canal. It is on our list of places to ride. I really like the trail, no traffic, no dogs, nice people. We have to do rides that are on DH weeks off, and most of them are on his week to work this year. Maybe next year, I'll let you know.

There were several flooded areas, but I'm sure there are more now. in 1993 Dotties Restraunt was under 7 feet of water.

beverly

• rosajoe_gw
    15 years ago

Beautiful pics Beverly. I love the old lines with the insulators, can you tell I worked for Ma Bell LOL!!! I had a collection of them at one time and the colors are really pretty.
    The thumb size looks like a cross. I admire you for taking such a beautiful trip on bikes.
    I see a lot of groups coming thru our small town and they say the traffic is scary and they do run into mean people in some of the more populated areas.
    And all of them are trim and in shape LOL!!
    Rosa

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022