Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pics from Sitka, Alaska

Posted by grammyp (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 2, 07 at 0:44

It seems most of Alaska is small islands crammed together.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
These are on the way to Sitka.

The ship could not dock at Sitka, so they use the lifeboats to tender everyone to town. Note the houses on the little islands.

There are bald eagles everywhere.

The Russian Orthadox Church.

DH and MIL at the Tlingit cultural center.

The Russian Dancers.

The Glide dance. The dancers take tiny little steps so they seem to glide across the floor.

All the dancers are volunteers who do this on their days off or lunch hours. There are no men in the group so the women take turns doing the men's parts. They perform on a stage in the conference center. There is no back stage and they must go out one side, run around the building while changing clothes to enter on the other side.

When they open the back curtain this is the view. You can see our ship anchored in the bay.

Tonight our waiters danced.

Our second towel animal was an elephant.

Next stop will be Juneau.

beverly

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pics from Sitka, Alaska

The towels are so cute! Looks like your having a great time. I have a friend that moved to Alaska 8 years ago and she has been trying to get me there since. I have no interest in travel.

Vicky

o

Ahh...even with the grey skies, it's Alaska! I haven't been there for a year, and I miss it! Thanks for sharing pics:)
Looks like you enjoyed yourselves.

Cheryl

o

absolutely gorgeous! thanks for sharing bev!

o

OH Beverly,

That looks like fun. I will be there in just a few weeks. We leave on the 4th of July. Its getting exciteing now.

Thanks
Nanci

o

Looks like a good time was had by all.. Now I have several questions... You knew I would... What Cruise line did you use? Were you happy with them... What did you wish you would have packed and didn't. How long were you gone?... Did you take a heavy jacket and did you need one?... I have all these questions as we will be going the same time next year... What would you do again and what would you not do?
I will have more questions I am sure but these will get me started.. grace

o

Your ship activities look like such fun! Thanks for sharing your photos!
Teresa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here