Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cake pics

Posted by gillian_41 (My Page) on
Sat, May 3, 08 at 21:14

My DD made these and delivered them today to the caterer.
I thought they were kinda cute.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Gillian.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cake pics

They are fabulous! Your DD is very talented. What flavor is the cake?

o

Teresa the cake starts out with a yellow cake mix then stuff is added and one has Raspberry filling and the other Strawberry.

o

They look wonderful and sound very yummy tasting.
Jean

o

Kinda cute? They are WAY TOO cute! Your daughter is just amazing.

o

The details are just amazing!
Are the drinks actually candles?
Just a delightful cake!
TFS

Cathy

o

Yes the candles are real with a wick sticking up but the holders looked like plastic to me, Margaret brought them from Wilton.

o

Margaret's work just keeps getting better and better. I hope to see her on one of the Food Network's challenge shows before long.

beverly

o

They are gorgeous. Can I order one? LOL. Your DD is very talented.

o

Really cute, and everything done so professionally! I just have to ask if the chilies and the sombrero, especially, are edible.

o

Yes biwako you can eat everything but the candles she hand molded the chilies and sombrero, they are made from the "fondant" I usually stay away from her kitchen when she is working but did see her making them, she is busy now filling graduation cake orders but will ask more questions, I did see on her "to make" list a wedding cake and birthday cake for this month also.
Gillian.

o

She does great work, Gillian. I've been watching some cake challenges on the Food Channel, and I must say, I like your daughter's much better than a lot I've seen on TV! I love the crisp clean lines.

SharonG/FL-IN

o

WOW!

Faye

o

Delightful! Your daughter is so talented. Kay

o

Amazing! I'll bet they taste as good as they look, too!

o
Cake pics

Gillian,

Your daughter's talent is awesome! Those are gorgeous.

Mary

o

Gillian,

You daughter does AWESOME Cakes~~~~

Nanci

o

Oh Gillian! It must make your heart sing to see your child excelling at something she loves to do! What more could we ask of life.
You're one lucky gal!
Love ya
Bon
:)

o

She is extremely talented, I love the cake.
Rosa

o

That is a good looking cke!

o

Hi Gillian,

Margaret does such a nice job! I'm so glad that she has found a way to make $$$ while making her beautiful cakes. Would you please post the pictures of the contest cakes she made. They beautiful!

Janice

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here