Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
trip so far for Gillian :)

Posted by ironkit (My Page) on
Sat, May 26, 07 at 18:38

One of my friends and I left on Monday morning at 6aCT from Stillwater, MN for Eugene, OR. We got to Butte, MT, but didn't realize that the elevation was almost 6000 feet. Yup. Good thing the little Minnesotan in me went "you are NOT taking your ice scraper out of your car!" before we left - I brushed a good 4 inches of snow off my car on Tuesday morning.

On Tuesday, we made it to Eugene, but not before I got pulled over in Missoula, MT. No ticket, but I did get scared into driving the speed limit the rest of the way. We pulled into my boyfriend's apartment about 7.30pPT. I was asleep by 8p. :)

My immune system decided it didn't like me anymore, and needed to give up around that time, and I've been feeling quite icky since then. I went to the urgent care here yesterday, where I got some really awesome antiboitics for a sinus infection and two ear infections.

BUT! On Thursday, all three of us (my boyfriend, my friend and I) drove over to Florence, OR, and north up the coast to Heceta Head lighthouse and played there for a while. Then, we ventured south to Coos Bay (thanks, Gillian!!!). Everything was beautiful. I have lots of pictures, and will post them later.

On our way to Oregon, we stopped at Roosevelt National Park in ND (possibly the only interesting thing on 94 in ND), which was really awesome. I don't remember it being that beautiful, but it was absolutely gorgeous!

~ Kit

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: trip so far for Gillian :)

Hey Kit,

We had such similar travel weeks!

I was in Stillwater on Friday (May 18th) for daughters track meet, we left on Saturday afternoon.

We didn't get to go to Toronto because our passports did not arrive in time so we drove to Couer D Alene (went as far west as Spokane); we left on Wednesday the 23rd. ND is boring, isn't it? Did you go all the way across the state from Fargo? The western part is much better than the eastern part for scenery and Theodore Rosevelt National Park is a great place to camp; Medora has a wonderful musical in the summer too.

The weather was really nice for most of our trip, in the high 60's, low 70's. The only place we saw snow was way up on the mountains when we took the worlds longest gondola (so they say) up the mountain in Kellogg, Idaho.

My husband had me hiking so many hills on this trip, I felt like I had the knees of a 90 year old woman. It was very fun and beautiful though. I really enjoyed driving through the western part of Montana, it was incredibly beautiful and I saw a mountain lion!!!

We found that Cracker Barrel Resturant/Store rents out books on CD, we listened to 4 books during our drive which really made the time fly by.

I hope those antibotics killed all your bugs and you are feeling better. Enjoy your time in Oregon.

Maryp

o
RE: trip so far for Gillian :)

KIt,

So excited for you and your travels. I guess your dad got over it? That is what happened to me when Joe and I got married we left Louisiana for Colorado Springs it took us 5 days the weather got worse each day (It was Christmas time)
I was sick as a dog when I got there. Its been over 30 yrs they said it would not last and he still says he cant take me anywhere without getting sick. lol Have fun this summer and be careful.

Nanciii

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here