Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bkfdwife

Summertime Fun Direct Swap signups

bkfdwife
16 years ago

If I forget anything here, please ask, my allergies are kicking up again and I'm a bit..groggy! hehe Here's how it will work.

We will use the Summertime Fun theme! Let's make it bright, happy and fun!

To Sign up email me at rlkennedy@verizon.net your

Screen Name

real name

mailing address Please put Summertime Fun Swap in the subject line so I can put it in the appropriate file! If you don't get a return confirmation email from me within 24 hours, then I have not gotten your email. I will periodically post a list of the names I have, so please check to make sure you are on it!

Then please go to the "Getting to know me" thread and post something to help your partner find or make you the perfect little gift!

I will send out your swap name after the deadline of June 6th. The person you got is not necessarily the one that will be mailing to you! I'll mix em up!

You will either cut from your stash or purchase 3 summertime fun FQ's (18x22) quilter's cotton. Please make a note to your partner if this has been prewashed or not. Some folks have allergies to the processes used on fabric, but if they know it's not prewashed they are ok. It's a good idea to put the fabric in a plastic bag before you put into an envelope to mail. Also include your favorite summertime recipe and a small gift. This gift can be purchased or hand made, it is up to you. Please try to keep the package contents at around $10 to keep this fair. Before July 1st you will mail it and post to the thread that I will start that you have mailed it, but not say to who! When you receive yours, you will post that you got it, and usually thank whoever sent it, it's ok at that point to reveal who sent you yours! If we have Canadian swappers interested, I will try to keep it so that you swap amongst yourselves to make it easier. Please post any questions you have, I have probably made this sound as clear as mud!

Thanks!

Lisa

Comments (26)

• vicky4x4
    16 years ago

Ok Lisa, I found the conversations! Sometimes I'm a bit slow on this computer stuff.

I will e-mail the info.

Vicky

• bkfdwife
    Original Author
    16 years ago

so far this evening here's what i have for names
    Kit
    Marti_MO
    cziga
    colleenny
    quiltdiva

if I don't have you down and you sent it, give it til tomorrow's update if you want or resend to rlkennedy@verizon.net
    I have no filters on my email, so they should come thru, it's just sometimes slow getting up no'rth ya know...
    hehehe
    don't forget to post your info too!
    Lisa

• Woodsy
    16 years ago

This sounds like so much fun..I'll send you an email with my info when I'm done on the forum..
    Lynn in PA

• vicky4x4
    16 years ago

I'm in please put me down.

Vicky

• ddavisgray
    16 years ago

Lisa,
    This is a great idea! I love the idea of posting on a dedicated thread listing our interests.

Thanks for hosting1

doris=^.^=

• bkfdwife
    Original Author
    16 years ago

here's the updated list:
    screen name
    ColleenNY
    Quiltdiva
    Suellen_Delawares
    Digger
    Woodsy
    JudyLee
    ddavisgray
    Vicky4X4
    IronKit
    marty_mo
    cziga

• amcfeely
    16 years ago

Lisa when is the mail deadline? And you have my info so just add me to the list.

Amy

• bkfdwife
    Original Author
    16 years ago

will do Amy, mail by deadline is July 1st,
    thanks
    Lisa

• amazingcm
    16 years ago

Lisa I have emailed twice I want to play if you don't get my email try emailing me through my page... I still have to log in each and every time I post. So may still be having GW problems grace

• bkfdwife
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Grace, I still have your info from the Doldrums Swap so I will use that if you like...just remind me next time you see an update if you aren't on it!LOL...still working on first sips of coffee..
    Lisa

• hayden2239
    16 years ago

Lisa:
    I have emailed you also, several times, and still am not on the list.
    Add me please???
    Thanks
    Michele

• bkfdwife
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Here's the latest list. If you were in the Doldrum's swap, let me know and I'll just copy your info from that! Knew I kept it for some reason!LOL
    Thanks
    Lisa

screen name
    ColleenNY
    Quiltdiva
    Suellen_Delawares
    Digger
    Woodsy
    JudyLee
    ddavisgray
    Vicky4X4
    IronKit
    marty_mo
    cziga
    Lots2do
    amcfeely
    amazingcm
    Hayden2239
    coalaska
    sew_self-taught
    elizabethann_quilter
    Lyndawn

• tuppermom
    16 years ago

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for hosting another fun swap!

I'm in and you have my info from the winter doldrums swap.

Thanks
    Mary

• bkfdwife
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Great! here's the latest...also, interesting trivia I just noticed when looking over the database for this swap...
    2 of you ladies live in the same city! Now, for confidential reasons I won't divulge it, I'll leave it to you two to figure out if you so desire! hehehe

screen name
    ColleenNY
    Quiltdiva
    Suellen_Delawares
    Digger
    Woodsy
    JudyLee
    ddavisgray
    Vicky4X4
    IronKit
    marty_mo
    cziga
    Lots2do
    amcfeely
    amazingcm
    Hayden2239
    coalaska
    sew_self-taught
    elizabethann_quilter
    Lyndawn
    tuppermom
    Mayme

• bkfdwife
    Original Author
    16 years ago

never mind.....I goofed again! haha....have faith in me, I really am not usually this ditzy! But, there are alot in the same areas...lemme put it that way!

• bkfdwife
    Original Author
    16 years ago

just an FYI, my brother's father in law is really bad off. They have stopped all artificial means of life and resusitation as of this afternoon. When Victor is called home for his eternal journey I will probably be headed to brothers house here in Maine, about 2 hours North. I will be taking my laptop, but don't know how much I'll actually be online. So if I disapear for a bit, don't worry, I'll be back. I hopefully will know ahead of time so I can post.
    Thanks
    Lisa

• Nancy Morris
    16 years ago

Lisa,
    Please add me, too. Thanks, Stitches, Nancy

• teresa_nc7
    16 years ago

Lisa,
    Please add me to this swap. You have my info from the Winter Doldrums, I think.

This sounds like fun! Thanks!
    Teresa

• marty_mo
    16 years ago

Lisa do you participate in the swap also or just coordinate?

• bkfdwife
    Original Author
    16 years ago

stitches, I need your info please, and teresa, I am really sorry, but I am not seeing your info on the doldrum swap. It is possible that when I transferred computers it might have messed up. Please don't send thru GW, I am not getting those emails. send to rlkennedy@verizon.net
    THANKS!
    Lisa

• bkfdwife
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Marty, I kind of wait and see what our numbers look like. I didn't participate in the Doldrums swap, and that is really ok with me. I have alot of fun reading the posts when folks start getting their packages! I also figure if something happens that someone needs to drop out I can easily fill in.
    Lisa

• bkfdwife
    Original Author
    16 years ago

here's the updated list!
    screen name
    ColleenNY
    Quiltdiva
    Suellen_Delawares
    Digger
    Woodsy
    JudyLee
    ddavisgray
    Vicky4X4
    IronKit
    marty_mo
    cziga
    Lots2do
    amcfeely
    amazingcm
    Hayden2239
    coalaska
    sew_self-taught
    elizabethann_quilter
    Lyndawn
    tuppermom
    Mayme
    Stitches
    Sue7972
    Biwako_of_ abi
    nassongrad_nh
    teresa_nc7

stitches, I haven't gotten your info yet!! If you have been trying to email me, try bkfdwife@yahoo.com
    Thanks!
    Lisa

• bkfdwife
    Original Author
    16 years ago

stitches, I have your info..sorry about that
    Lisa

• judy333
    16 years ago

Hi, Lisa,

I just sent you an email with my name and address. Please count me in!

Judy in Massachusetts

• bkfdwife
    Original Author
    16 years ago

here's the latest list!!
    screen name
    ColleenNY
    Quiltdiva
    Suellen_Delawares
    Digger
    Woodsy
    JudyLee
    ddavisgray
    Vicky4X4
    IronKit
    marty_mo
    cziga
    Lots2do
    amcfeely
    amazingcm
    Hayden2239
    coalaska
    sew_self-taught
    elizabethann_quilter
    Lyndawn
    tuppermom
    Mayme
    Stitches
    Sue7972
    Biwako_of_ abi
    nassongrad_nh
    teresa_nc7
    Noocha
    judy333
    mrseldoo

• bkfdwife
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I wanted to mention to those that haven't yet, please post to the "getting to know me" thread here in the conversation area. This is to help your swap partner "get to know you" a bit better to help with some of your swap choices! It looks like another good turnout of folks participating, I am very pleased that we chose something you ladies were interested in! You should be receiving your names on Thursday, I'll post here after I get them out. I will be leaving today until Wednesday evening, so if you post or email me you might not hear from me until then. I'll have my laptop, but I will also be keeping a very active 4 year old entertained!LOL
    Thanks again!
    Lisa

Sponsored
Landmark Surfaces / United Granite
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Award Winning Countertop Fabricator & Installer in Northern Virginia