Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
We had a sad weekend.

Posted by lindaoh (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 6, 08 at 23:18

We had to put our 14 year old dog down on Friday. She was such a sweetheart and with me all the time. She would sleep in the doorway so she could keep an eye on everyone in the house. She had been in failing health for quite some time and had trouble eating the last few weeks. I tried cooking things she liked but she even had trouble with that.
We miss her so much.
Linda OH

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: We had a sad weekend.

Oh, I can so relate Linda. DH gave me a puppy when we got married and I remember when we had to put her down. She was 17 and it really hit hard. She is comfortable now, so take comfort in that.

((hugs))
beverly

o

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. It does get easier with time. But you will always have a special place in your heart for her.

Vicky

o

It is very hard to lose a family member, especially one that loves us unconditionally and never judges. Bless you and yours.
Rosa

o

Sorry, Linda. Can relate. Remember the good times.
Sally

o

Linda,
How are you doing now? That's just such a sad time when we lose one of our furbabies.
I've got 2 that will be 13 in August. They're still doing fairly well but stiffer, ya know?
Just checking on you.
another Linda

o

Thank you Linda. We are adusting but still miss her. At this point we don't want to get another dog. We may change our minds later but not right now. Our kids both live several hours away and we plan to vist them more often now. We couldn't take Keesha with us and hated to leave her in Doggy Day Care. Our DD is getting married in Sept. so we will probably make a lot of trips to see her and plan the wedding.
Give your doggies a hug for me.
Linda OH

o

I'm so sorry for your loss.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here