Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vicky4x4

dential woes

vicky4x4
15 years ago

Hello all,

I don't know if any of you remember this summer what I went through with my tooth, but was ordeal. In the very end of all that the tooth ended up having to be pulled in November after months of pain and it never healed right.... well all that said I have two more teeth really bothering me. I have one I just know is abscessed because it feels just like the one in July. I have been putting off seeing the dentist as long as I can but tonight I'm about in tears with this tooth pain. Please pray for me! I have decisions to be made whether to try another root canal or just plain have the teeth removed. I want to be able to chew and eat but this is ridiculous!

Vicky

Here is a link that might be useful: July posting

Comments (7)

• grammyp
    15 years ago

Many years ago my dad went thru something like that. They tried to save sore teeth but ended up pulling most of them. His ordeal lasted well over a year and he ended up with implants. That is a lot of time to suffer and not eat well, I say get it over with. You will be in my prayers.

beverly

• scootersgirl
    15 years ago

My husband had several teeth pulled in boot camp. He said the pain of eating on the stiches was much less than the pain of eating prior to the pulling. Good luck, You will be in my prayers too.
    Georgia

• rosajoe_gw
    15 years ago

I woke up one morning with an ache in the back of my mouth. By lunch time I was in agony. I had to wait 2 days for the root canal and I never want to go thru that again.
    I was told to take advil, I wanted morphine LOL!!!!!!
    I found that listerine did dull the ache some. I wonder if baby orejel (?)would work??
    Take care Rosa

• rosajoe_gw
    15 years ago

Vicky how are you doing??????????????????
    Better I hope, Rosa

• vicky4x4
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Rosa,

I did receive your e-mail. We have so busy with the girls play I haven't had much time on here. But last night was the last night and it is OVER! I'm so glad.
    Now on to the teeth. I canceled my appointment because after three weeks of unending pain it just stopped! It is the strangest thing. My husband wants me to find a different dentist and get a second option before they start hurting me again. I'm asking around to friend. to see what dentist they use and I'm going to find one closer to home and hopeful less expensive.

Vicky

• rosajoe_gw
    15 years ago

Vicky I understand about being busy!!! I am so glad you are feeling better and I think your hubby is is giving great advice.
    Rosa

• pirate_girl
    15 years ago

I agree about the idea of getting a second opinion. I've had a lot of dental work, but have the good fortune to have a top dental school located here in NYC. They do spectactular work for cheaper rates (it's like a teaching hospital).

One can never go wrong w/ a second opinion. Like many other things including doctors, there's good & bad among dentists too.

Pls DO get that second opinion, it may save your discomfort & your teeth.