Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
solstice98

April Health Goals

solstice98
15 years ago

Is everyone ready for spring?

I'm still doing Weight Watchers but have been stuck right at 30 pounds for almost a month. I think I hit that goal, then started celebrating and never stopped! This week I reminded myself that those pounds came off because I worked at it, instead of just hoping it would happen. So I'm trying to get back on track, writing down everything I eat and planning to do a 5k walk this weekend.

My goal is to drop another 5 pounds by the end of April.

Anybody else have an April goal?

Kate

Comments (5)

• rosajoe_gw
    15 years ago

30 pounds that is fantastic Kate!!!!!!!!
    I am going to the gym as much as I can and use the weights. I have toned up ater 2 months.
    I was walking but I traded gardening after the weather turned warmer.
    After summer hits the highs and it is too hot to garden much I'll go back to walking.
    And we playing golf again.
    I starting volunteering and there are 3 mucho controlling women that are stressing me out so I have decided to cut back.
    They want me to run errands constantly, drive people to the doctor, and they call to complain about each other.
    Then when we have meetings they bicker!
    So I cut back to the Angel Food, the thrift shop, and knitting prayer shawls.
    So my goal for April is to be stress free as much as possible!
    Rosa

• jennifer_in_va
    15 years ago

I'm vowing to do more too! After having Amanda last May, I lost weight well until I hit this mark. I've been here for about 9 months now! Of course, while I'm nursing, I've been able to eat anything and stay at this mark!! Problem is I don't like this mark! (I need to lose another 10# to get to pre-pregnancy weight, but 25# would be ideal)

So, I'm in the process of weaning the little one, and I'm trying to exercise every other day, and I need to cut back on the snacks! And it's now Spring, & that always helps too, so we'll see!

• deannabsd
    15 years ago

I have got to get 5 of 10 pounds off by the end of the month. I have put on 10 since before Thanksgiving. I am just addicted to sweets. The easter candy and I have been having a hey day. Of course, I spent so much of the winter sewing that I did decrease my exercise program some.
    KOKO... Deanna

• rosajoe_gw
    15 years ago

I am not much of a snacker, but I love food LOL!!!!
    DH brought home a bag of the Cheetos with jalepenos.
    I am addicted!!
    We found them for 2 weeks and now can't find them around us, so I am taking that as a sign from the healthy heavens above that I should not be eating them. Especially every night!!!!!
    I addded fish oil tablets, cinnamin, and B complexes to my daily calcium with vitamin D.
    I would rather eat the food to get vitamins than take a pill, but I don't care for oatmeal and I am tired of cinnamin toast!!
    I try to stay away from medication for my allergies (makes my BP go up) and going to the gym helps.
    Maybe it is just my imagination!!!
    Rosa

• deannabsd
    15 years ago

I am still really struggling. I will start the week out good and then go out to eat. Even if I don't overeat, I think the preservatives just suck into the cells and hold that weight on. The end of the week is coming fast and I need to kick it in the rear. I bought a cute dress for a wedding and because it is knit it will still fit but will not look good with the extra bulges everywhere.

How is everyone else doing? Deanna