Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Florida Bike Safari Pictures:

Posted by grammyp (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 27, 07 at 9:57

Here are some of the pictures we took at the Bike Safari:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The first ride, Friday morning. The mascot of the host bike club (Florida Freewheelers) is the flamingo, so Pinkie rode all week on the back of our bike.

I had to hold the camera up to get a picture over DH's shoulder. This is just a typical road we took.

The rest stop at White Springs.

This is the Piscola River (I think). At least it is one of the lovely rivers we crossed during the week.

This is Cherry Lake 4H camp.

Spanish moss flowing in the breeze.

There is supposed to be a bald eagle in the center of this one. Just looks like a speck.

The JustIn Case band played for us twice, once in Live Oak and again at Cherry Lake.

The Dixi Grill catered the meals and the food was great. Even after riding all day I still managed to gain 2 pounds, so now it is back on the diet. It was a great week!

beverly

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Florida Bike Safari Pictures:

Those two pounds are muscle from all the manual, or would that be pedal, work you just did. Don't forget muscle weighs more than fat - inch for inch. It's denser.

Love the pictures.

o

Great pictures - what fun that must have been! The terrain looks fairly flat - not too many hills I hope! It would be hard to do in Colorado - unless you like mtn biking!
Thanks for sharing.

o

Sooo purdy.

I think you inspired me to go to Florida.

~ Kit

o

Those are beautiful pictures. Where in Florida did you go biking?

Geri

o

Glass, you are right I just added 2 pounds of muscle!!

Polardream, it was pretty flat, but at least on hills you do get to rest. On flats you have to pedal all the time, and in Florida there is always a wind. And it seems to always blow against you.

Kit, it was beautiful, I just love Florida.

Geri, we were at Live Oak for 3 days and Cherry Lake for 3 days. Some of the rides at Cherry Lake went into Georgia. We rode thru Quitman GA one day, it is very pretty there.

beverly

o

Thanks for sharing your great photos. I finally found 'em today (looked in QF Gallery and Camping Forum days ago --but of course, no luck. HA HA) Beautiful scenery and looks like a lot of fun. I'm impressed that you had a band providing musical entertainment. We've vacationed in N. Florida a couple of times (a great place to go in January when you live in northern Minnesota) and have gotten to paddle on Suwanee River, using an outfitter from White Springs for our shuttle.

Ginny

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here